Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

124 - Epilogue: A Journey

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: 124 - Epilogue: A Journey Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NDR: I have big plans for this airship. It's enormous and classy, and I hope to make it something of an ever-expanding Suikoden-esque base. Its contents were acquired all over the world in the chaos that followed Hunt, so they really spared no expense. Here is a truncated version of a description I gave for the main lobby in Chapter 8, just to give you an idea of what it looks like (I wrote this in 1999 so bear with me):

Quote:
Another door parted open as soon as the first had slid out of the way. It took them in to a huge room. On the floor was a giant carpet woven of some strange but beautiful material. From the three-story high ceiling hung a huge chandelier that alone must have cost millions of dollars. On the far wall, two magnificent wooden stairs curled up to a balcony and second floor. A crimson red carpet draped down each side. In one corner of the room stood a grand piano. Placed evenly around it were a few circular tables, each with a candle burning on top and napkins folded at every place. The tables stretched back to the end of the room, lining up with the right set of stairs, behind which the room continued on into a bar.
On the left side of the room, huge bookcases as high as the balcony reached up, filled with thousands of books both old and new. Rather than a ladder to reach them, there was an entire walkway across the base that could be raised or lowered by some hidden control panel. Above the shelves the wall was glass. Turning around they saw that the door they came through, though just a regular metal door on the other side, was on this side a wooden door going clear to the ceiling with such intricate designs that it must have taken years to carve.
The ceiling of the room was odd, a scarlet tapestry covering the far end, with equally proportioned squares of glass basking the rest in light. The most impressive of all in this elegant room was the right wall. Perhaps wall would not be the best term, but rather, the right window. The entire wall was one giant window that looked out over the earth. Now all that could be seen were clouds, but it still let in enough sun to easily light up the entire room. The balcony came about a third of the way across the room. Rather than jutting straight out, it curved out making a half circle on either side, and in the center came out not nearly as far. Tables and chairs were located on either side, showing that this too was apparently part of a restaurant. In the center of the wall was a gold-plated elevator surrounded by a hand-tooled leather backing that went up to the balcony and then stopped. Looking up from under the balcony one could see a magnificent pattern painting.

---------------------------------------

[p:wm6za9g7]Serj sat alone at a candle-lit table on the balcony level of the Enterprise's luxurious three story lobby, sipping wine and staring out at the stars. A pianist on the ground floor was playing slow bluesy jazz. They had been traveling for a few days, dropping off Freedom Fighters here and there, allowing people to get back home. But not every member of the group had a home, and Serj felt more than satisfied to call this ship his new one.[/p:wm6za9g7]
[p:wm6za9g7]Krivin walked out from the body of the ship towards his table. "Mind if I join you?"[/p:wm6za9g7]
[p:wm6za9g7]Serj smiled. "Go right ahead."[/p:wm6za9g7]
[p:wm6za9g7]They both just gazed at the stars, enjoying the music for a while. "I'm curious where you'll be going from here," Krivin eventually said.[/p:wm6za9g7]
[p:wm6za9g7]"The world changed so much when TECH came to power," Serj mused. "Fascinating... By the time you think you've seen everything, it's all new again." Krivin didn't reply, and after a while Serj went on. "It must all be new to you too, after what happened."[/p:wm6za9g7]
[p:wm6za9g7]"There's always a resonance of familiarity, it's just vague..."[/p:wm6za9g7]
[p:wm6za9g7]"I know what you mean." Serj sighed.[/p:wm6za9g7]
[p:wm6za9g7]Krivin shrugged. Did he? "I do still hope to get my memory back."[/p:wm6za9g7]
[p:wm6za9g7]"By finding the source," Serj added. "I might not make for great company, but I suppose we're both the quiet sorts anyway."[/p:wm6za9g7]
[p:wm6za9g7]"So you will be hunting for Tyne?" Krivin asked.[/p:wm6za9g7]
[p:wm6za9g7]"Yes. It's just a curiosity really. My reasons are not as important as yours."[/p:wm6za9g7]
[p:wm6za9g7]"You're always one step ahead of me..." Krivin nodded his head. "So where do you think we should begin?"[/p:wm6za9g7]
[p:wm6za9g7]"Lionel Johnson is bound to him in a unique way," Serj explained. "He will find his powers uniquely diminished as regards Tyne though. He'll be able to track only his general whereabouts, and slowly. But he won't cooperate with us until he realizes this. We're going to tag Mr. Johnson from a safe distance for a while."[/p:wm6za9g7]
[p:wm6za9g7]"Fair enough," Krivin replied. "What about Anwyn?"[/p:wm6za9g7]
[p:wm6za9g7]"He'll find us if he wants to," Serj replied apathetically. "For the time being, let's take it easy. I have half a mind to just relax here for a few weeks."[/p:wm6za9g7]
[p:wm6za9g7]"It is very nice," Krivin acknowledged.[/p:wm6za9g7]
[p:wm6za9g7]"I've never seen anything quite like it," Serj agreed. "Do enjoy it. Once we leave, it may be a very long time before you see your friends again."[/p:wm6za9g7]
[p:wm6za9g7]"Yeah... I'm used to going alone though."[/p:wm6za9g7]

NDR: Consider Serj and Krivin unavailable as main characters in the next chapter. They might make a few cameos, but they won't be active.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: