Suikoden United and Informational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

101 - Cat and Mouse

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject: 101 - Cat and Mouse Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Serj jumped to his side just in time to avoid the initial blast, and in the same move kicked off a wall away from the loading bay, sending himself neatly over the railing behind him. Ibaka tensed himself for the sneak attack that was bound to follow, but none did. Serj was back in another patch of fog, crouching and waiting. He hadn't expected this, and he wasn't quite ready for it, but at least his objective was clear now. The longer this fight lasted, the more time Marcus would have on the inside. Magic was no use, he knew full well Akigiyama activated their top magic-dispel fields as soon as he'd summoned that intimidating but not particularly powerful monster. No, Serj was going to have to fight this battle directl---

The platform he was hiding on exploded, sending him flying backwards into the water. Another blast followed and knocked him dizzy. "Not so tough now, are you little mage?" Ibaka was standing on the edge of the platform above him, staring at a sitting duck. Serj had to get out of the water. He jumped up to the platform with all his might... but missed. His fingers barely grabbed on to the edge, and Ibaka towered above him.

Ibaka laughed and brought his feet down on Serj's hands. "If I'd known the Freedom Fighters were so weak these days I'd have encouraged Quintin to exterminate them."

Serj gulped down a sense of helplessness he'd not felt in ages. Get it together old man. One last chance. With all the strength his arms provided Serj threw himself up into a backflip, and this time the move worked. His feet landed firmly in Ibaka's chest, and he latched onto a catwalk above the bay, pulling himself up as the armor-enhanced man flew backwards. He took off in a sprint, bullets trailing close behind him, until on the far end Ibaka leapt up onto the catwalk in front of him.

Serj drew his sword without breaking stride and came down in a three slash series, each of which Ibaka used the armor on his arms to deflect. In a single punch Ibaka sent him flying back to the other side of the platform. He kneeled on the ground, reluctant to get back up. "Tell me what you were after here and maybe I'll go easy on you," Ibaka chuckled as he walked back across the catwalk. "Maybe I won't break every bone in your body before I kill you." Serj just began puking up ocean water at his feet.

"Lazy..." Serj muttered and rose from the ground.

"Any last words?" Ibaka raised a gun to the Freedom Fighter's head.

"..I've just gotten lazy, and soft. What's a little pain? Broken bones heal soon enough."

Ibaka pulled the trigger, but his shot went wide as Serj ripped the gun out of his hands and dropped off the back of the catwalk shooting. One caught Ibaka in the ear, which wasn't really Serj's intent. An angry enemy meant no more time-consuming parley. This fight was on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: