Suikoden United and Informational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Mystery in Alma Kinan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrueRune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Mystery in Alma Kinan Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As we know, Almakinan is A clan of all women, the not-often-seen beauties of Alma Kinan are spiritualists who commune with nature and often have powers of prophecy and foresight. The powers vary from woman to woman. Headed by the young Chief Yuiri, they have a permanent settlement deep in the Kuput Forest that is protected by a magical barrier. Only an Alma Kinan can get outsiders through the barrier.

My Question is....
HOW THEY MAKE DESCENDENT WITHOUT MAN???
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One explanation is that they leave their cloister to go find a mate and come back. If the child ends up being a boy, it could be given to the Chisha clan since, if I remember right, the Chisha clan is the closest. They could also have some weird magic thing that is used for reproduction or something.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My guess would be that they don't mate, and that "gifted" baby girls are invited (or perhaps, just taken) to the village. It could be as simple as a rite of passage, though, I suppose.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They could follow [url=http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/expeditions/treasure_f ossil/Treasures/Unisexual_Whiptail_Lizards/lizards.html?50:v0hqt4pf ]this[/url:v0hqt4pf] model. It would explain why they all look the same.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ooooh, I forgot about parthenogenesis. Yeah, that would explain it.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... if those lizards reproduce by themselves, how do we know they are female? How can they be female, if there is no male counter part? Wouldn't the lizards just be considered sexless?

I don't think parthenogenesis sounds feasible in humans. The only reason those lizards reproduce in such a way is that they are crossbred. Which begs the question, how far apart do species have to be to be able to successfully mate and create a crossbreed? Two types of dog can mate and have perfectly healthy puppies. Same with other species. On the otherhand, donkeys and horses mate to make a mule (and, if mules aren't reproduceable, why are they widely known? Do horses and donkeys mate alot?). Two horses of any type just make another horse, and to the best of my knowledge horses can't mate with sheep or cows. Yet, those two lizard types make a crossbreed? How far apart, genetically speaking, do two species have to be?

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mules can't reproduce (well, there are very few that can, but it's very very rare).
However, mules tend to have good qualities of horses (large and strong body) and donkeys (patient and easy to handle) so they're often bred from donkeys and horses.
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IN suikoden III manga, It said that their reproduction is a true secret that everyone shall not know.
Zykerion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe there was a similar topic like this posted on Suikosource. I recently posted this response to this same question:

Quote:
I find it truly astounding that people keep insisting that there has to be a man involved somewhere.

Now, I apologize, as this is conjecture on my part, but has anyone thought that maybe the Alma Kinan Clan is hermaphroditic, in at least portions of its population?

It could simply be that some members of the Alma Kinan are, in fact, hermaphrodites, possessing the male 'plumbing' as it were, and the rest of them are simply normal women. If this were true, then the 'male' members would most likely pass this trait on to their descendants, but not necessarily all of them.

This would be kept a highly guarded secret, naturally, as it would probably be perceived as unnatural by many others. So it makes sense that they would keep to themselves. Over time, they might need to bring in some 'fresh blood' as it were to ensure that the population doesn't become heavily inbred, but despite what the game presents, their population may be large enough to have a healthy sustainable gene pool.

Have at it, folks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: