Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Overrated Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...I think the whole FF series is a little overrated in my opinion but that statement might have a little distorted bias in there since it's based solely off of the few FF games I've played...
and those would be....FF7, FF8, and FF4.....especially FF7...as it seems numerous people have mentioned in this thread already. Why is only it getting all this special treatment :?

Kingdom Hearts is a little overrated as well....though I'd say not as bad as the before-mentioned FF games....but it looks like it's slowly getting there....
KH2 especially...gameplay-wise I thought it was a little sub-par to the first...but it was more hyped than the first...probably all cuz of a certain character :roll:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Overrated Games Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

whole FF series street fighter resident evil
Wind Rune

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Overrated Games Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Evil luca blight":18c4lx3u]whole FF series street fighter resident evil

not a capcom fan i see :D resident evil wasn't too bad. i mean the ones before 4 were ok. atleast it put more emphasis on survival horror instead of action. i prefer silent hill myself. street fighter is also a bit over hyped. especially with the release of 4. i mean wow. capcom can count to 4. break out the champagne. i think that's why 4 is such a big deal and not because it's ground breaking or anything. give me king of fighters over street fighter any day.

as to the FF7 getting singled out, can't be helped since there are what, a dozen games for that series and a few movies? square is milking it for all it's worth. if they wanted to make a game that is even worth playing then they should try to work with monolith soft and make a new version or even prequel to Xenogears
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Overrated Games Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

give me mortal kombat over street fighter cuz street fighter suck
Wind Rune

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i loved mortal kombat as well. especially the old school ones. but the newer ones, especially deadly alliance, just didn't give me that mortal kombat feel i used to know
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Overrated Games Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kick you friend ass on mortal kombat deception and try koqust is fun
Haroth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoa, whoa, whoa. What's with the SF4 hate? Sure, it's overhyped a bit, but so are most games nowadays. That doesn't mean that it's overrated. The game is the first installment to the series in how long? I'm talking about real, new games. Not remakes or anything of the sort. Plus, it takes off of SF2, which is a game, pace, and system that I preferred to the games that proceeded it. The game is extremely balanced; bottom tier can fight god tier without any issues except in the highest level of competition. You can say that about... how many games? While the gameplay is strongly based off of the gameplay of SF2, it doesn't change the fact that it's a good game. You can't call it a graphically enhanced version of SF2, either. About every character but Blanka has had changes, both good and bad, and there are several new, interesting characters. Sure, they might not be Ryu or Sagat material, but, again, tiers really don't matter in this game. SF4 is awesome.

Here are my overrated games, though:

1. About every Final Fantasy game - I like them, they're good games, but they're not "epic" games. The series has headed downhill, especially with the majority of the characters having barely any personality or just being downright stupid. Vahn, Ashe, et cetera.

2. GTA - I never liked this, nor have I ever seen what the big deal is.

3. Halo - One was entertaining. Two was money whoring. Three was really 2.3; it was a graphics update, really.

4. Gears of War - Entertaining, not epic. Stop worshipping.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head now.

[size=120:17kvj9gq]Life is uncensored; prepare to blush.
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Overrated Games Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gears of War it ok
but fallout 3 is better
Wind Rune

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

don't get me wrong. i don't hate SF4. i just don't think it brings as much to the table as all the hype makes it out to be

MK deception is good. wish i played it more but i got caught up in playing other games that i sorta forgot about it
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

man Halo is geting old
kenren

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Valid criticisms indeed but it bothers me when some of you guys say you don't understand why certain games are popular. I think a lot of times, its timing, ff7 for example, first rpg on the ps1, overshadowing ff6 (my opinion, a superior game even though 7 is my favorite), its also one of the I guess you can say beginner games for the ps1 too. I also believe its the first final fantasy to place its story and dress its characters in a more modern setting. I mean midgar basically resembles new york while previous ffs usually staged themselves in medieval settings. The characters (most of) were dressed in what I believe was 90's style clothing I guess and it was also the first game I knew to have cursing. I mean nothing that should be noted as special but I was like 10 or 11 man, it was a totally new experience for an inexperienced kid.

As for Suikoden 2 (how dare you!!!...kidding), to me, its a cult thing, I love it because it magically created the feeling it was suppose to. You were part of a family, your 108 stars. You were in love with the friendship between Riou and Jowy. Both of them, selfless and heroic, kids basically but they change a country. Its like one of those epic novels. You wish you were there, you wish you were fighting beside them, and guess what you were. If you played suikoden 1, it just felt great to see old friends again, Viktor and Flik etc. Playing iron chef with hai yo was also awesome. Suikoden is one of those games where you love the story, you love their world and you love that familial feeling. I know some of you don't feel the same way but that was what I did. So essentially I loved it as a story, not as a game.

And keeping in topic...any game involving 50 cent, (bad reviews or not, still overrated), devil may cry series, dragon quest 8 and suikoden 3.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Overrated Games Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Modern Warfare and all it's spin-offs!
Aloyalgamer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Filipe":2yel8fqt]Personally while I know it's going to strike a cord with a lot of people who might be reading this one of the games that I am going to say is Suikoden 2. Dont get me wrong, just like all of the other Suikoden games I love this one too, but it is far too overrated. I mean the game itself, while it improves on the prior game, and has an excellent story, is not exactly the be all, end all of playstation rpgs for that matter. I mean there are games out there that also have great stories, with graphics which sadly put Suikoden 2 to shame really. I mean the graphics on the two older Suikoden games are a bit simplistic dont you think so? Anyways while the game is an awesome game, and well worth the price you can find it for, in the long run there have been better games made since. As much as it sounds treasonous to say that of this game here on a Suikoden forum of all things.

Suikoden never intended to have "stellar" graphics. Compared to Final Fantasy, Suikoden is a low budget game, and was designed to follow after games like Final Fantasy 3 (6). To be honest, I like the watercolor themes in Suikoden 1 to represent their characters with. For me, the combined stories of Suikodens 1 and 2 put any other RPG I have ever played to shame, FF's included. Graphics aren't the only quality that MAKES a good game. FF10's graphics were far superior to any Suikoden and that game was horrible in my opinion, including FF10-2. It's the memory of a game and individual experience that you have with it that makes it special, putting an awesome game like Suikoden 2 off just because of "inferior graphics" is quite an ignorant statement, no matter how high of a pedestal it has been put on by the general Suikoden fanbase.
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm so tired of FFVII remake over and over again. I even heard rumors of the original FF VII remake on new gen consoles.
I sorta hate the fanbase too.. (OMG LIEK ITS CLOUD AND SEPHIROTH~!!!!!1111oneoene *insert fangirlism scream here*)

The only FF game I love most is FFX and it's music. Nothing else. =/

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: