Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The 108 stars of destiny for what?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: The 108 stars of destiny for what? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a doubt.

The 108 stars are destined to fight the unjust. Then why would sarah, yuber, luc, and albert be a part of the 108 stars if they themselves were the antagonists and they are the unjust... Why?
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think in Suikoden III the "unjust" is the dharma future, even though they are fighting among themselves, they are banding together to stop this future from happening.

If I remember correctly, Leeknaat says at 108 stars ending that Luc's struggle was not in vain, which in my interpretation means the raise of a new flame champion will somehow help stop this future from becoming true. So Hugo and the others struggle is also helping stop this dharma future, even if they are ignorant about it.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is not the 108 Stars "to fight the unjust". It is the 108 Stars of Destiny, who have the ability to alter the coarse of destiny, as it currently flows. In coming together, they decide the outcomes of the conflicts outlined, and how future destiny will be shaped by those outcomes. As such, the 108 stars can be all good, all evil, or a mixing pot of many shades of gray (as is the usual in Suikoden games, i.e. Tir and co. including a former executioner, several former imperials, a mysterious black knight, and an assassin [Clive], as well as other shifty characters). I see no real problem with including Luc and co. in the Stars of Destiny, since they did, in fact, affect the path of destiny, even though they were on the opposite side of the conflict from the Fire Bringer.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
runeofbeginning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception, Are you sure?
in suikoden 2, Jowy is also make help to unite Dunan. But why he not be a part stars of destiny???
In suikoden 1, Why ted, hanzo, cliff dwarf, warrior village leader(Tengaar's Father) not be part in stars of destiny?
In suikoden 5, Why Gizel, Lord Godwin, Sialeeds not be part in stars of destiny???
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="runeofbeginning":1zfpcayi]TruePerception, Are you sure?
in suikoden 2, Jowy is also make help to unite Dunan. But why he not be a part stars of destiny???
In suikoden 1, Why ted, hanzo, cliff dwarf, warrior village leader(Tengaar's Father) not be part in stars of destiny?
In suikoden 5, Why Gizel, Lord Godwin, Sialeeds not be part in stars of destiny???

This will seem arbitrary, but there is no other explanation: because it was not due to these chararacters that destiny changed.

If Jowy won the war, destiny would be Highland taking over Jowston, which is exactly the destiny that would follow with Lucca.
In Suikoden 1, thousands help you fight, it is impossible for all of them be stars of destiny. So only the most important ones who are with to the end are SoDs. Game play enters here, so there is not much logic, as there are many exceptions, but you should just let this pass.
With Gizel and Lord Godwin is the same as Jowy, they wining was the "normal"destiny that is broke by the stars.

I think one shouldnt over rationalize this, in fictional in general some impossible things happens because is cool. There will alwalys be minor inconsistencies. Dont be bothered much by it.
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maybe another stone tablet was given to jowy. Maybe jowy is the tenkai star for highland.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've thought of that myself, as well, but I think the tablet only shows the stars that have the ability to change destiny. I'm sure Jowy has a star, maybe Tenkai, maybe Chikai, maybe something else, but he is not a Star of Destiny, atleast, not during the Dunan Unification War. And, a better reason for the Suikoden I characters: they were all side characters. Involved in their plot points and the final battle only (Ted is the exception, but he dies as a major piece of the story, and was not a member of the party for long enough). They weren't affecting destiny, they merely participated in the war. Much like a Random Soldier #372.

runeofbeginning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Jowy won the war, destiny would be Highland taking over Jowston, which is exactly the destiny that would follow with Lucca.
by Rezard.

i think in suikoden III same like that. If Luc, Yuber, and Sarah won the war and destroyed the 5 true rune.

And In Suikoden I only the most important ones who are with to the end are SoDs???
i think the most important are cliff dwarf , Hanzo, and Warrior Vilage leader. They are the leader from their troops in suikoden I. i think they are more important than another normal SoDs just like Ivanov, Vincent, Clive,etc.

Oh yeah my new question, In suikoden 3, why Yun joined in SoDs? she is already died before we can access Tablet of Star.
If your answer because she is help in the war to broken the true water seal,i want to ask again why ted isn't join in SoDs in suikoden 1, he help tir to make Soul Eater Rune be stronger by sacrifices his soul just like Yun.

Or maybe character in suikoden 3 is so little then make tablet of star take all character who appear in suikoden 3 like Yun, Luc, Yuber, Sarah.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That might make sense, until you count the fact that Luc holds a key star. It is not one that would have been filled in late, and the only way that those characters being "merely filler" would make sense is if it was last minute. Same could be said of Albert and Yuber's positions, although that can be arguable. Of course, Sarah fills the super mage position, which could have just went to Estella (although she really wouldn't have done the star justice!).

stephencolbert5

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The 108 stars of destiny for what? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"the tablet only shows the stars that have the ability to change destiny"

I don't buy this because many, many characters only have one ability: to get their asses handed to them, which doesn't change jack. (I'm just attempting humor. Seriously, thank you for your thought-out reply. You seem to do a lot of that here, which is appreciated.)

I think the answer to why Yun (S3) is counted but Ted (S1) isn't has nothing to do with the story. Simply put, I think a lot of the time the answers to these kinds of questions have to do with the production instead of the plans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: