Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sexuality in Suikoden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ragingchaosgod wrote:
The only truly gay buncha freaks I see there are Milich, Vincent and Simone. *nodnod*

I'm not even sure about that. I've known effeminate hetrosexuals ((other than that stupid SNL sketch -.-)), so the narcisists could very well be 100% straight.
They just sorta belong to a different era than everyone else.
Viewtiful Mukumuku

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even though I'm a fan of a few male x male couplings (none I can think of in suikoden at the moment), I agree that none of it is really canon.
Sure, some scenes can be seen like that, but I doubt that it's intended by Konami in most of those cases :P
nightrider

1000 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cirape wrote:
I've known effeminate hetrosexuals ((other than that stupid SNL sketch -.-)), so the narcisists could very well be 100% straight.
They just sorta belong to a different era than everyone else.

True that, what I think many people are forgetting is that for hundreds of years the men of Europe wore tights, powdered wigs, and sometimes even makeup. Not to mention the current trend of "metrosexuals."
Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a bit of a mix in shipping couplings. I mean I like yaoi and I like het. I find it meaninglessly pointless for people to actually obsess over pointless couplings becuz it's yaoi and itz cool nowadayz. I'm afraid I prefer to look over the reasoning of the coupling or some scary thought in my mind. I'm also one who's willing to have shoujo ai if it works.

I always thought Yuber was that kind of perfect gaybait. I mean look at all the LucxYuber and AlbertxYuber. :x

ragingchaosgod

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

aisuru wrote:
I'm a bit of a mix in shipping couplings. I mean I like yaoi and I like het. I find it meaninglessly pointless for people to actually obsess over pointless couplings becuz it's yaoi and itz cool nowadayz.
I always thought Yuber was that kind of perfect gaybait. I mean look at all the LucxYuber and AlbertxYuber. :x

Watch my inner Luc/Sas fangirl go "But they look so cuuuuuuuuuute together....." but as a matter of personal opinion, I would like to quote my character in a fic my cousin wrote.

"Luc? But Luc's with Sasarai, isn't he? And... and Yuber's with Albert... or was it Pesmerga....mebbe he's with Luc, after all...oh, poor Sasi...."
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

"Luc? But Luc's with Sasarai, isn't he? And... and Yuber's with Albert... or was it Pesmerga....mebbe he's with Luc, after all...oh, poor Sasi...."

*laugh* yeah, it's sad how much I can hear myself saying a sentence like that.

I like any pairing at all that seems like it has some sort of justification, provided I like the way the personalities go together too.
As much as it's pretty much a set thing by Konami's representation, I will never be a huge supporter of Luc and Sarah pairings, just because I feel bad watching Sarah being so co-dependant. I'd much rather pair someone else with Luc ...especially Luc and Sasarai. I've liked that pairing since suikoden2... (raginchaosgod, you aren't the only fan of those 2) I know it's not cannon, and I will never insist it is, but sometimes I just prefer fannon or random fan-pairings to cannon ones.
Personal oppinion only. I very well know the game says one thing and I sometimes say the opposite. Luc/Sarah fans, please take no offence!

As far as anyone being officially gay in suikoden... I doubt that will ever happen. If it does, I will be sincerely surprised. (not in a bad way, but sincerely surprised none-the-less.)
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

before I knew anything about S2 I thought the Blue and red knight thing was another GremioxTed type of thing, untell i got the game and saw them......damn, they were like, overly emotonal little girls "omg I cannot live without mah seeshtar!"
they reminded me of the Gryphon Guild people. (filled with phoney saps) I can see why people pair them up, emotionaly the act like they are joined at the hip.

heres somthing to think of...
Camus + Mik= tea and crumpets, poetry-theater discussion and whimpy mumbling about the worlds ills

Seed and Clugan=beer and chips, sports-cars, braging about sexual explotes that don't exist.

-------
that is my 3 1/2 cents on the friendships of these knights, the Camus and Mik are too, squishy.....*shudders*

I'd still like somone to take on my challange of seriously writing a fic with characters who make people go "eek". And write with the same lusty gusto that they do when they pair up "the hotties"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:

I'd still like somone to take on my challange of seriously writing a fic with characters who make people go "eek". And write with the same lusty gusto that they do when they pair up "the hotties"

You are totally missing the point here.
People usually writes fics about people they like.
Whats the point of writing a fic about someone that will make you go "eek"? (Unless its a fic that makes fun of that character)

Its not only that they want to write yaoi fics, they write the fics with characters they like. So girls like "hotties", you have a problem with that?
I honestly dont know what your "challange" is trying to prove.

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Whether or not the challenge is trying to prove something, it's still a valid challenge, I think. If I had time right now (and wasn't already working on 3 other fanfics for non-suikoden topics) I would likely try to respond to it. Fanfic challenges, as odd as they are sometimes, can be fun. I think it could be a nifty challenge to try making characters that are freaky or less-liked, into characters a reader could sympathise with and enjoy a fic about, without making them entirely out-of-character. It's a true test of a fanfic writer!
I'm just not sure there are many fanfic writers here to respond.

But it is true that what motivates most writers is seeing their favorite characters, usually the hot ones, in whatever situation they create. It's really hard to write about characters you don't particularly like.
Maiazuru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hix and Tengaar...

I don't know why, but I've always liked that couple. Its clear they love each other and they'd probably be happy together.

Although Hix'll be bossed around all the time! LOL!! :D
Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ChiByakko wrote:
Quote:

Whether or not the challenge is trying to prove something, it's still a valid challenge, I think. If I had time right now (and wasn't already working on 3 other fanfics for non-suikoden topics) I would likely try to respond to it. Fanfic challenges, as odd as they are sometimes, can be fun. I think it could be a nifty challenge to try making characters that are freaky or less-liked, into characters a reader could sympathise with and enjoy a fic about, without making them entirely out-of-character. It's a true test of a fanfic writer!
I'm just not sure there are many fanfic writers here to respond.

But it is true that what motivates most writers is seeing their favorite characters, usually the hot ones, in whatever situation they create. It's really hard to write about characters you don't particularly like.

hehe fanfic writer here. I don't see what's so great about writing the hot ones. I have a huge pile of Suikoden fanfics. I always write about 2000 words on them and end up trashing them because I lose motivation or they seem too out of character.

Is it wrong to ask for an incharacter fanfic? I have to say there are some terrible fanfics out there. I can't really say but they create situations where the character can't fall into the personalities in which the author tries to mould them into.

I don't write much slash, I could have a go but I don't want to fall into the generic terrible fic where the characters are poorly constructed.

I find the hot ones aren't what motivate me the most. Usually my well favourite ones. Like out of all Yuber fics, I have only read one which was a random humour one.

I have written one Cleo one, because I was mad about her. I only uploaded it after I read over it ten times (though grammatical errors or such are up to who ever says so)

One thing about fanfiction which I love is that I can keep my english level at an alright rate at both reading and writing. Which is why I usually hate those script based or badly written fics. I know it's mean to be like that, I was like them before. But I think it's nice home people (who aren't me I'm afraid) stand up to the task and help out the author in fixing mistakes.
There have been cases where the author is offended by it, which really ticks me off since I learn a lot from others' help.

Lepant

Orange cavalry

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

man.....why you say evryone coud be gay
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

because, to some its awsomly cool, ya can't hold a candle to the idea of mcDowll marrying some chick and having kids, when he can have steamy love adventures with any various 108 SoT.......even if the seem out of place or out of character.
why write about McDowl Jr when you embrace the idea of "tir x gremio x ted x yuber x hugo x hugo2 x seed x fubar x luca" the list can go on.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lepant wrote:
man.....why you say evryone coud be gay

Well, because due to the extemely limited cannon info on any given character's sexual orientation, any character could very well be gay. Or bi. Or staight. Or Asexual.

I could even argue that Freed Y. was secretly gay dispite being maried (it happens alot), or that that's the case for Yoshino.
Or, for the most cannon one-way love I see in S3, that Sara isn't really /in love/ with Luc, she simply has a submissive big brother/little sister or master/student(slave?) relationship with him. *shrugh*
Which, of course, is what makes thinking on the sexual/love relationships in Suikoden fun.
Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

not to mention that Japanese classics such as the Tale of Genji, greatest story of all time had gay overtones.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: