Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Is the PS3 a sinking ship for Sony?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyril De Montague

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
It did happen you know. The PS2 "Disc Read Error" was so bad that there was a class action lawsuit against them

Yeah that disc read error crap was annoying me..when there was nothing wrong with the disc. I had to end up playing my nephew's newer version of the PS2 back before I got a PS3.

Quote:
Anyways, yeah, the PS3 is doing kind of badly, it'll probably never be the number 1 console in game selection or popularity like PS1 and PS2 were, but they're not going bankrupt either. Who knows what the PlayStation 4 or whatever Sony's next console is named will be like?

I don't know, I'm confident the PS3 will do good eventually it's alot of stuff you can do on it that you cannot on other consoles.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never had a problem with disc read errors, and I got my first one in '04. Just lucky, I suppose.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="TruePerception":2dlkh1zv]I never had a problem with disc read errors, and I got my first one in '04. Just lucky, I suppose.

Yeah, the later models were better. My PS2 was so so bad that it would freeze during loading new sequences or cutscenes until I got it fixed, and that was several years ago, now it has started acting up again. Nothing is more annoying than the red error screen when you're trying to play...
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The blue screen of death is a red screen of death on the PS2? I didn't know that. How odd.

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it does not seem that lawsuit was Sony's last. Now they're being sued for an allegedly bad firmware update on the PS3: http://nerdvana.freedomblogging.com/200 ... ate/31725/

Nintendo also released a somewhat buggy firmware version for Wii just last week, but the update is mandatory only for accessing the online shop. For all the new features new firmware versions usually bring, sometimes they're also worthless updates that can at worst break the console. It shouldn't be this way, new firmwares should always bring new features and be tested extensively beforehand.
Cyril De Montague

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I pretty much hate the fact that 360 is getting it's hands on Sony exclusives, it sucks..
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think PS3 will be fine, the price drop will help a lot, even though the other systems dropped as well a lot of people already have the other two systems which will help this holiday season. Also with games like Uncharted 2 garnering a lot of praise will draw a lot of people to want to play on the sony. After all games are finally really taking advantage of the PS3 technology. Sony just needs to focus less on the PSN and more on securing more titles exclusive titles. Wii has been securing titles lately which is smart for nintendo since the price drops will lead to stiffer competition for them and their motion control may be a passing fad.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: