Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Headquarters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icegryphon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just like having a castle...with all your guys in it. The boat idea was pretty cool for Suiko4 but there were so many "empty room"s because you can't exactly build additions to boats while you're floating on the ocean.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I looked back some and I think the Cave Idea would be smashing. Something similar to a Great Hollow from Suikoden 3 only you occupy it. Maybe also put it on an island. As you progress more work is done on the island to make it more civilized looking. Or maybe not an island, but possessing a network of cave transportation. Maybe even find a former Great Hollow in The Nameless Lands that the Grassland Lizards ancestors once occupied before a mass migration or something.

Another idea I really liked was the suspended Tree Fort Idea. It could tie in very nicely with some kind of plant true rune as well as provide interesting battle related plot points. Something to be noted about pretty much all the former HQ's is that they were all abandoned but formerly occupied. Maybe an abandoned Elven Village or something like that.

Another idea is maybe you get to chose where to house your HQ and the non-chosen locations become check points and outposts for your campaign afterward. You could chose a bustling economic city or a defensively sound, subterranean Hollow or an aesthetically astounding canopy dwelling or an airship (not to knock off Final Fantasy too much though) or raucous port town attracting shady characters or even an abandoned monastery. Anything could work as long as it's not a rehash of the old HQ's. A monastery could actually be pretty cool if they did it right.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Archpark

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: New Headquarters Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The original Suikoden's castle was a bit like a cave...
JetTheHellfire

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think any setting (castle, cave, island, whatever) could work as long as there was a good reason for it. I liked how Budehuc wasn't just incidental. It also had a good layout, although I also liked North Window. Might be nice if some customization were possible, too.

Ever notice how the furniture doesn't always fit the purpose of the rooms? Tir's room was so empty I expected tumbleweed to roll through it, and some of the rooms in 3 didn't even have beds. I guess I just like the idea of more realistic living arrangements. All the random cats wandering around are a nice touch though.
Akira

117 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: New Headquarters Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer if they let you build your own headquarters like Dark Cloud or Sims.
kuya

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it should be this! end thread. well either this or a small town with a big manor as the hq
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: