Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Interested in Suikoden Theories (spoilers)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stephencolbert5

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Interested in Suikoden Theories (spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As you can see, this is my first post, so I aplogize if this is something that's been discussed to death.

Who do you think Leknaat is and what is her final goal?
Who do you think Hikusaak is and what is his final goal?
And what else have you theorized about the game's stories?

My guess is that Leknaat and Hikusaak are both trying to obtain all the True Runes, but it's unknown what they want to do or prevent from obtaining all of them. I'm guessing Luc's vision was one or the other obtaining them and bringing forth a ragnaroktic or apocalyptic sort of event, hence destroying some of the True Runes would reduce the destruction of that. The optional stuff with Ted in 4 seems to suggest this, too. Also note that late in 3, Hikusaak (from Albert) realizes that Luc has his own agenda and he stops supporting Luc with his soldiers and (IIRC) even sends Sasarai to stop Luc, suggesting that Hikusaak doesn't want to destroy the True Runes like Luc does. If his vision is true and apocalyptic (everyone dies) instead of ragnaroktic (most people die), that would explain why they won't continue from after 3 and why the original creator stopped after (well, during) 3.

(I've yet to play Tierkesis, and it's been a while since I've played 1 and 2. There might be something contraindicative in those...?)

Unfortunately, the final boss in the final Suikoden game will probably be some pointless poophead like Graham Cray...
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Interested in Suikoden Theories (spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leknaat always said she was the "the executor of balance" or something like that, so I figure she was trying to stop a world dominated by Chaos or by Order. I think she being on the "bad" side would be too much of a surprise. I think she is trying to change a future she predicted (like Luc) and is using the gathering os the stars as means to change fate.

I always theorized like this: Leeknaat = Balance, Hikusaak = Order, ? = Chaos(probably Windy or the Syndar), but there's no way to know, Konami can do anything, but if the follow what was already stablished, I think this would be the most reasonable conclusion.

The games's end should be mostly likely this fight between Order and Chaos.
There was my X/1999 theory(more like a idea): about 13 TR bearers fighting against another 13 TR bearers in this batlle, while the last TR (the 27th) would be free to pick a side.
JetTheHellfire

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, with one of them split in two, it might be 13 and a half vs 13 and a half? I gather from what Luc had said about Leknaat having only half a Rune that she didn't end up collecting Windy's other half like some assume.

What would happen if she did manage to put it back together? My guess is that it wouldn't be an optimal situation. It would be like trying to put a fallen boulder back onto a cliffside after years and years of environmental changes. The parts would no longer match up. If the Gate Rune was reassembled, it's bearer would probably have serious problems.

That said, I think Leknaat's trying to preserve the Balance so that no one actually "wins." I don't think she's any kind of villain, but I think she has her own personal, if not selfish, reasons for wanting to keep the status quo and not just to keep the planet intact.

Hikusaak's probably still around, just hidden. Maybe if people saw him they would feel the need to ask him why he's got the blue eyed blondes at the top of the Harmonian food chain, but his clone Sasarai doesn't fit the mold? I might be crazy for thinking this, but when (if) we see Hikusaak, he might be familiar in some way that being out in the open all along would've made something else obvious? I guess it would just be nice if his lack of presence actually meant something.

As far as the vision, I don't think we know enough about it or the runes to know anything real about it. All we've got to go on are Luc's interpretations, but he was so emo about it that his perspective might be a little off. What if it was just trying to tell him what would happen if he succeeded and not some rune-controlled future? It felt more like the absence of runic influence, not some tranquil dominance of those elements. Like he saw it as the indication of his fears so he would feel justified? If someone who hadn't had their Rune long had the vision (without Luc there to "explain" it) and knew of his plot to destroy a Rune, would that person feel the same way about it that he did? My guess is no. I think they would see it as their own justification for trying to stop him.

So many reasons why VI needs to be set after III...
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Interested in Suikoden Theories (spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(edited)

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: