Suikoden United and Irrational Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

096 - Feeding the Wolves

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: 096 - Feeding the Wolves Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[size=150:2yw72z3u]096 - Feeding the Wolves

NDR: It should be pointed out that it was earlier stated that Cincinnati had been reduced to little more than an insignificant village following the plague. I bring this up not for consistency's sake but because geographically it just makes my post easier.

---------------------------------------

[p:2yw72z3u]It was a lazy day in Hamilton, Ohio, when the war came. It must have been the lack of an evacuation plan that gave the people some false sense of ease. A truer sense of abandonment set in fast. Plans had been made after all, they came to realize. Every bridge over the Great Miami River detonated in sequence on a foggy Tuesday morning. Foreboding thoughts were greeted by red skyline to the west. With the fight on, the population became a strategic weapon.[/p:2yw72z3u]
[p:2yw72z3u]One Nation had no territory to defend. They were at their leisure to push in hard and then pull back as soon as the advantage began to dissolve. For them, cities were the top target. The more displaced persons, the more Ohio would have to draw resources from its military to support them. This was known well enough. With Reynolds in control no one really feared being left behind though. He placed the people first. Karn clearly did not. He beat Croft to the punch by cutting his own people off. Let One Nation deal with them. A river was a nice obstacle over which to make a stand.[/p:2yw72z3u]
[p:2yw72z3u]It got worse. Ohio troops were gathering on the east bank - Ohio troops that the people thought were fighting it out on the front. It wasn't until the first boat ferrying refugees across was turned back that anyone really panicked though.[/p:2yw72z3u]
[p:2yw72z3u]In fact One Nation only met a notional force. Hit their first wave fiercely and waste no time pulling back, Ohio's orders were. Before long military vehicles were rolling down the streets in mass, coming to meet on the opposite bank amidst the better half of a population numbering some sixty thousand.[/p:2yw72z3u]
[p:2yw72z3u]Croft himself arrived along the shore before long. The scene was ominously quiet. "So he wants to fight in his own city? A bold move. I didn't expect it," he stated to his assistants. "So be it. We'll hold here for now and send a smaller team over to the north, force them to strike first or be surrounded. Karn can make the first move here. Let the blood of his people be on his own hands."[/p:2yw72z3u]
[p:2yw72z3u]"What about the refugees?" one of his assistants asked. "We're going to have to feed them before long, and that's going to put a strain on our resources."[/p:2yw72z3u]
[p:2yw72z3u]"What refugees?"[/p:2yw72z3u]
---------------------------------------

[p:2yw72z3u]"We're going into Pandemonium," Marcus stated to an immediately wide-eyed group that had not yet heard of One Nation's strike. "If anyone has the real dirt on this situation it's got to be Akigiyama. Andrew will be providing a diversion by meeting with Kaiser. Glenn, since I'll be going in, I'd like you to go with him as representative of the Freedom Fighters."[/p:2yw72z3u]
[p:2yw72z3u]"I.... You know, I've never really done anything diplomatic before. I don't know what I'd say to him. I think I'd just look nervous and suspicious from the start," Glenn stared at him dumbfounded.[/p:2yw72z3u]
[p:2yw72z3u]"You'll need to learn fast. Get in touch with Andy immediately," Macus instructed, ignoring Glenn's anxiety.[/p:2yw72z3u]
[p:2yw72z3u]"Pandemonium you say?" Everyone looked over at Serj, reclining in a chair against the wall. While he'd yet to up and disappear as he was constantly prone to do, he'd refrained from any direct involvement in the One Nation/Ohio issue thus far. "Sounds like a lot of fun. Count me in."[/p:2yw72z3u]
[p:2yw72z3u]Fun...[/p:2yw72z3u]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: