Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Suikoden Trademark!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xelinis

2985 Potch
0 Soldiers
21837 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: New Suikoden Trademark! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly, I would not mind seeing Suikoden go the way of Vandal Hearts and continue as downloadable titles. If they went back to the sprites (something many Suikoden fans have been clamoring for), it would make it easier to create a high quality game with a lower budget.

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: New Suikoden Trademark! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TGS is a few months away, and that's where Suikoden's 4, 5, and Tactics were announced (Tierkreis too? I don't remember). They could be getting ready to announce a new Suikoden and this is the first step. Do we know the exact term that was copyrighted? Because I remember when they copyrighted "Suikoden Tierkreis" a while back people were baffled, and shortly after the game was announced for DS.

By the way, hi everybody. Haven't been around for a while. :oops:

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
georg_prime

9636 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: New Suikoden Trademark! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Xelinis":2jtudycn]Honestly, I would not mind seeing Suikoden go the way of Vandal Hearts and continue as downloadable titles. If they went back to the sprites (something many Suikoden fans have been clamoring for), it would make it easier to create a high quality game with a lower budget.

Can you tell me more about the downloadble VH titles or link me to them?

I loved the VH series and had lost all hope after VH2.
Xelinis

2985 Potch
0 Soldiers
21837 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: New Suikoden Trademark! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="georg_prime":3fmc7roh][quote="Xelinis":3fmc 7roh]Honestly, I would not mind seeing Suikoden go the way of Vandal Hearts and continue as downloadable titles. If they went back to the sprites (something many Suikoden fans have been clamoring for), it would make it easier to create a high quality game with a lower budget.

Can you tell me more about the downloadble VH titles or link me to them?

I loved the VH series and had lost all hope after VH2.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/vh/vhfoj/vhfoj.html

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey everyone, long time reader of these forums just never took the time to make an account. :?
Anyways, I really hope that this is the first tid bit of information on suikoden 6. I cannot wait for the TGS which will hopefully explain this trademark. After the extreme disappointment of Teikris I am itching for a true suikoden game (both me and my two cousins who love suiko were disappointed).

Very exciting news if it is what we all hope it is :D
Trahison

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I'd like to see more info before getting my hopes up.

You and me both. I really, really hope it has something to do with VI but it could just be another faux-title. Or nothing.

Let's hope Konami doesn't let us down. Feels like we've almost been thrown under the boat, what with Tierkreis and the attitude of that recent interview.
Xelinis

2985 Potch
0 Soldiers
21837 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: New Suikoden Trademark! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This comes from a barely legible Altavista translation of Blue Moon Studios' Works page.

Whether it's Suikoden VI or not, I'm getting excited now.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the Japanese translates to "Currently in charge of main scenario for an RPG developed by a corporation."
This is from Murayama's blog entry back in April 2009.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Might be interesting that in an interview conducted this spring with swedish magazine Level (issue 41) he said he would seriously consider coming back if Konami asked him.
Xelinis

2985 Potch
0 Soldiers
21837 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: New Suikoden Trademark! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A Murayama interview!? I don't think I've seen one of those since Suikoden III was in development. Any links to the translation?

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait, if that's from April, why is everyone finding out about it now?

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Tenkai Star

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: New Suikoden Trademark! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have asked the editor of the magazine if I could translate it and post on several forum including here. Hopefully I will get an answer and will be able to post one early next week. Until then Raww has translated the most important stuff on Suikosource.
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 25&t=11562

As I said on Neogaf
The magazine and even more so the staff on that magazine when they were working on another magazine are known for give Jack and shit about the Suikoden games, and Jack left town. Think they gave Suikoden 2 a 7 or even a 6. Even when talking about game music they never mention Suikoden or Higashino.
Only time I can remember is when they had an interview with Nobuo Uematsu and HE said Miki Higashino is his favorite composer.

I have always complained about this and corrected them when ever they DO mention Suikoden cause they often get their facts wrong and when last issue came out the one who wrote the interview told me (translated quote) "You are gonna enjoy the next issue......"

AND man did I ever!

Still I really respect the guys and will not translate the interview without their permission. It may be legal to do so without asking but I doubt it.
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: New Suikoden Trademark! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Tenkai Star":1bzth299]The magazine and even more so the staff on that magazine when they were working on another magazine are known for give Jack and shit about the Suikoden games, and Jack left town. Think they gave Suikoden 2 a 7 or even a 6. Even when talking about game music they never mention Suikoden or Higashino.

You sure? I mean, I clearly remembering them giving the original Suikoden a 90 (out of 100) or something like that (it's what brought the series to my attention in the first place along with a few other random events) and I'm pretty sure the Suikoden II score was somewhere along those lines. I don't have the mags here with me so I can't double check but I'm sure the score were pretty good.

But I do thank you for that interview though, it was a really interesting read.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: