Suikoden Unique and Illegal Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I looked around and didn't find a thread concerning this.

So they're remaking Silver/Gold. The artwork for the Pokemon is apparently going to be redrawn, female trainer will be included in both games, and some new additions we are not yet privy to will be included.

There's a video up that shows a small clip at New Bark that looks wonderful. You might notice that the starter pokemon, Chikorita, is shown following the trainer like Pikachu followed you in Yellow version. I liked the wind-blowing through the town... a neat addition. Seeing the rival peering through the window... brings back great memories! ;_;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4DDps8bHDo

After being hugely disappointed and underwhelmed by not only Ruby/Sapphire but the new additions to the series, Pearl/Diamond, this has revived by love for Pokemon. IMO, Silver/Gold had the best story, the best features, the best gym leaders... everything about it was just perfect. Maybe it's the nostalgia talking but this just makes me really happy. ^_^

No official release date yet other than "Fall 2009". Thoughts?

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I find it funny that there are so many duplicate clips on youtube of his tiny scene and nothing else.
that aside....they did a rather...cute thing with your starter Pokemon following you...though does that mean it still follows you after it evolves or can you choose other Pokemon besides the starters to walk around on-screen with you? =o

*shrug*

well...in either case...I'm interested to see what other changes they've done...though I'm not sure if I'll get it...till I see these changes
(though I don't like the fact it's labeled "remake" as much as I didn't like when they kind of did it with FireRed & LeafGreen...)
[size=85:3z05vx1a]....though my bro will probably get it...seeing he's a bigger Pokemon nut and he has issues finding anything else he likes [besides Mario & maybe Rabbid games]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One reason that I can see this getting a lot of attention is the fact that the gold, silver, and crystal games die. The same battery is used for saved game data and keeping track of the time, which means it is running all the time once you start playing. Eventually, the battery dies (couple years-ish) and you can no longer save data. If you have basic soldering skills, then you can replace the battery inside the cartridge, but most probably do not. These games would solve that problem. The question is whether those who have g/s/c would bother buying these just because theirs no longer work. For me, that would be the biggest reason to buy one of these, but it's not a big enough reason.

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So that's why I can't save games in my Silver version! XD I bought it way back in 2000 and it stopped saving dating maybe three years ago. I haven't been able to play it since then... well, I can play it, actually but I'd have to keep it on all night on my DS because of the inability to save.

I think that's incentive for me to buy since I loved Silver/Gold and it looks so good remade. The only reason I would pass up the opportunity is if they removed the ability to go to Kanto, which would be a huge misstep on their part IMO.

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of the little Pokemon games I've actually played, I think Silver/Gold were my actual favorites. It was just such a jump from Red/Blue back in the day. I think I might check this game out when it comes out, if I ever get a hold of a DS that is!
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I won't deny. I'm actually really excited about this, because Silver and Gold actually allowed you to visit the original region of Pokemon (the 151 one). I've been waiting for ages to do all the gyms and the Indigo Plateau all over again in a new version!

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't wait for this to come out O.O
I've been hoping for sooo long!
Having any pokemon follow you around is a nice touch! I like cute and useless things, kekee
The new side game thing, pokewalker, that comes with the games, looks fun too. Means I can work AND play pokemon.
Do you really need anything else in life? I think not. <3

-My DeviantArt-
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: