Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What are you reading?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, I'm actually reading "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead" as well Gil. I take it, it's for class as well?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That it is. We just finished reading "Hamlet"-- so it's a sort of follow up.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ewww, Hamlet. We spent like seriously, 2 months on Hamlet my senior year of high school. We read the play, watched like 2 different movies of it, and saw a performance of it in Chicago. Now I hate Hamlet with a passion. :P

Oh, and I'm reading Zombie Lover by Piers Anthony.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We only spent a week on it, so it wasn't too boring for me. My teacher just figured we had to get it under our fingers, since it's the most performed play in history (practically).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just finished reading The Gone-Away World by Nick Harkaway which was freakin' awesome and anyone who enjoys stories about ninjas, pirates and nameless protagonists should give it a read. Plus there's an apocalypse in it.

Other than that I've got a few books I'm reading for uni including After Life: An Ethnographic Novel (by Tobias Hecht) and The Elements of Moral Philosophy.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you reading? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Shad":1hv1jrzb]I started this book on I believe Thursday the 19th and finished it today. I'm going to play Exit Fate until I leave on vacation, but I'm talking two books with me by two of my favorite authors: "The Ends of the Earth" by Robert D. Kaplan and "The Proud Tower" by Barbara Tuchman.

Finished "The Ends of the Earth" on the March 23rd and "The Proud Tower" on April 6th. I'm now reading "Iron Kingdom: The Rise and Downfall of Prussia, 1600-1947" by Christopher Clark.
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hamlet is easily one of my favorite plays, and Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead was fantastic.

I've been on a Hemingway kick as of late, just got done with A Farewell to Arms.
Sky Blue

8205 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been reading Douglas Coupland's books. So far I think Hey Nostradamus! is his best work. Microserfs is not bad as well. Other than fiction I'm mostly on to culture and history books.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm currently reading Carlos Ruiz Zafon's new novel, Angel's Game, which is a prequel to his prior work, Shadow of the Wind. It's an amazing book, and totally not what I would have expected at all. Something about his writing is so snarky and clever that it makes me wish I knew the characters personally. Probably one of the best books I've read in quite some time.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Captain Tenneal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you reading? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just recently I finished "Thank You and OK! An American Zen Failure in Japan" by David Chadwick. Pretty funny autobiography about David's Zen training in Japan in the late 80's. He was a student then of Katagiri and he had also trained with Shunryu Suzuki in the 70's in the US. Interesting look at Japanese culture, too.

Now I'm reading World War Z by Max Brooks. A chronology of first hand accounts from the Zombie pandemic. He has some interesting social and political commentary, as any good zombie piece should have!
Canesfan3301

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: What are you reading? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm reading the first issue of UFC magazine. Good times.
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just finished off Shatterday, a book of short stories by Harlan Ellison, a fantastic writer.
nobutaoliver3

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A bend in the road by sparks

=> funny sig sage hahaha
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: