Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Genso Suikogaiden DS - PoC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Genso Suikogaiden DS - PoC Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a little project I'm working on, it's a port of Suikogaiden Vol.1 Chapter 1 for the Nintendo DS.

To play it you will need:
* a flashcart for your DS (M3, R4, whatever)
* the vn engine available [url=http://digital-haze.net/vnds.php:6hmsvs0b]here[/url:6h msvs0b]
* the novel file located [url=http://www.klueze.com/suiko/Suikogaiden%20DS.novel :6hmsvs0b]here[/url:6hmsvs0b]

Simply install VNDS in the root of the flashcart, place Suikogaiden DS.novel in the novel folder and load it up on your DS.

The current plan is to have the complete first chapter done with the english translation provided by Daidairo, including music, path choices etc. Basically everything sans the Luck Points cause I can't figure out how to program that into it.

The game plays straightforwardly enough, images are displayed on the top screen with controls and text on the bottom.

At the present there are some issues that need resolving:

* Capturing all images and coding them into the DS engine. - 100 %
* Game likes to crash when playing music.
* Saving doesn't like to work yet. - fixed

At the very least I plan to have a working alpha version out in about a week, that will probably be a soundless version with minor typos but with luck you can at least save your progress.

In the meantime, to prove that I shit you not, I have two screenshots (cause my camera refuses to take decent pictures of both screens):

For the predictable questions:

Q: Will there be a continuation with the other chapters?
A: Not unless I get a lot of help.

Last edited by Raww Le Klueze on Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Awesome stuff, good luck Raww.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's done, first post updated with the neccessary files.

Report any bugs/glitches/etc in this thread and I'll take care of them for future releases.

Note that this is still an ALPHA version, so don't expect it to be flawless.

Music is still for a future release, which won't happen till I'm back from Japan at the very least.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not familiar with the progams and (I'm guessing) hardware that was mentioned. I do have a DS. What else do I need?

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I do have a DS. What else do I need?

A Flashcard.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As in flash drive flash card?

Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As in a DS game cartridge that allows insertion of a memory card to load 4th party applications.

Look up R4 DS or M3 DS.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Never heard of 'em. I'll have to check that out. Are they hard to find? Expensive?

Edit: Just watched a video (2-part) on YouTube. So, basically it allows you to play roms on your DS. DS games only? Or can you use any roms?

eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="TruePerception":30ybc423]Never heard of 'em. I'll have to check that out. Are they hard to find? Expensive?

Edit: Just watched a video (2-part) on YouTube. So, basically it allows you to play roms on your DS. DS games only? Or can you use any roms?

DS games only, it uses the DS port to emulate the software and they also have been known to screw with the DS itself (specifically the R4 in my case). My sister and her bf have R4 discs and she was showing me the games she had on it (on my DS) I noticed Advance wars dual strike, which I own, grabbed it for her to see if the multiplayer was available since my version was PAL and her emulation was NTSC (DS is region free via internal hardware) but needless to say the problem arose when we swapped carts and my DS wouldn't read my PAL cart for the first 3 tries.

So I personally would be wary of using titles that you own on them if you do plan to use them because it does lead to hassles. But yeah, with the R4 specifically you have the replicated shape of a DS cart, and a small flash card which is then inserted into that to play on the DS. To tinker with the card itself that small flash card is usually accompanied by a USB zip drive to interface with the PC and drag and drop and what have you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: