Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

When will Genso Suikoden VI take place?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blah1017

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: When will Genso Suikoden VI take place? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A lot of people are mentioning the size of the nations talked about in this topic, but is there actually a map of the regions laid out? I don't really see how you can debate Tinto's size when we haven't really seen but a small part of it in Suikoden 2.

Also I'm hoping it'll take place after Suikoden 3. It's time to move the story forward.

Unless they switch continents again, if they go back to the Suikoden 1,2 and 3 continent, then the timeline should definitely go forward. If they had to the western continent, then I'd be alright with the timeline going in whatever direction.
Icegryphon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Naw, definitely want the timeline to move forward and take place after suiko 3. That would make it easier on them and happier for us. Both birds killed with one stone. What I mean is if they make it 5-10 years after Suiko3...they could let you get all sorts of characters from suikos1-3. The ones from 1 could be older, more grizzled, hugo could be older and a knight like Chris' dad, etc, etc...This would be easy for them cause they wouldn't have to come up with so many characters (like suiko5 where the only returning people were georg, viki and jeane...i think) and would be great for us cause one of the greatest things about suikodens is the fact that you get to use old characters again.
Island dweller

Archane watchmen

60038 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course there seems to be a majority of people who want to see it develop from suikoden 3, and i would love to carry on and go forward in the time line, the problem with that is konami would then have the backlash of alienated PAL players who never got to advance past suikoden 2 in the timeline (myself included). Gotta say i wouldnt buy Suikoden VI if it took where things left off (whatever they may be) in suikoden 3 and ran with it.
Archpark

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't you know enough about Suikoden III from reading crap here and Suikosource to not cheat yourself out of Suikoden VI if that was the case?
iGeorg_Prime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: When will Genso Suikoden VI take place? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol pretty much many fans are forced to either buy the games in another version or read about it. It makes me wonder why the hell they never made Suiko 3 for PAl was it? Anyways, I REALLY think its about time they advance the story. This is my blueprint...

1. For sure we know that the end wont be with harmonia itself...ill explain when more people ask

2. With that said, the story would be better if it advanced but not too far so as the rules for returning characters is met.

3. I think that everyone is so worried about moving past S3 to harmonia but never thought theyre is progress to get there...

4. I think since new technology is available there is more room to incorporate "flashbacks" and the like in the game itself instead of making an entire game about the past. I think that is the role of the books, to tie up loose ends for their respective game. If konami realized that....man @_@
knightology

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: When will Genso Suikoden VI take place? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

May be Suikoden 6 will take place somewhere in north, where there's a snow hehehe. And also a True Rune of Snow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------- --

http://www.knightology.tk
JetTheHellfire

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harmonia's in the north, and I'm sure they have snow :D

I do agree it would be best to have the progression from III to the End take more than one game, but I doubt Konami wants to drag it out much longer (if they haven't chucked the main line aside entirely).

That said, I would like to see where Albert went. Some people assume that he still works for Harmonia, but what he said about having to change his name seems to negate that even being a possibility. Western continent, Zelant I guess, would be great. It would be nice to have that story along side one that takes place in the familiar places. Albert might have had to relocate himself, but his interests and involvement are far reaching and leave a lot open.

Just please, for the love of all things Holy, leave the past to be shown in flashbacks and NOT prequels! Save those for side games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: