Suikoden Unique and Informational Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Half True Runes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
runeofbeginning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Half True Runes Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

we know Riou and Jowy will be old and death because they just have Half Of Beginning Rune.
My Question is...........
Why Leknaat and Windy can alive 300 year or more????
They just Have a Half Of Gate Rune.

Please Answer My Question, please
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Half True Runes Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Jowy/Riou situation is not the same as the Windy/Leknaat one. Jowy and Rious have two runes that can be combined to make a true rune, but aren't true runes themselves. Windy and Leknaat have two halves of a true rune. The best anaolgy for this that I've seen is coffee. Jowy has water and Riou has coffee mix. They could combine them to get coffee, but at the moment they do not have drinkable coffee. Windy and Leknaat however had a cup of coffee and then spilled it into two cups giving them two half cups of coffee. Does that make any sense to you?

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The coffee metaphore lives!
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Best metaphore ever! It's shocking how often this question comes up and there's only ever one answer :D

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: The Second Question Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Riou and Jowy Combine their rune to be Beginning Rune.
And Their Take Half of the Beginning Rune like Leknaat and Windy take Gate Rune.
Can Riou and Jowy become Immortal like Leknaat and Windy???????
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One has to die for it to be combined, as far as I know. So Riou can be immortal at the expense of Jowy or it can be the other way around.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Basically the Rune of the Beginning is supposed to come in two parts. The Dark Sword and Bright Shield.

However the Gate Rune was forcibly split by a secret method of the clan Windy and Leknaat belonged too and was not originally inteded to be split.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is also never stated (unless I missed something) that either Windy or Leknaat participated in the split, so it's possible that neither knows how to, and that the technique is lost.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually I believe that it is stated that Windy and Leknaat seperated the Gate Rune. I wasn't 100% sure though so I looked it up at Suikosource, and it does say as much.

One thing that I never got though, in regards to the coffee metaphor and the Rune of Beginning/Gate Rune inconsistency, is that Windy and Leknaat hold the Front and Back Gate Runes, respectively. In Suikoden I you're led to believe that the Front Gate Rune can summon monsters and the Back Gate Rune can dismiss them, which to me sure seems like two components, that when put together, form the full Gate Rune. Kinda like the Rune of Beginning, except the only difference is that the Rune of Beginning naturally makes itself that way and the Gate Rune was seperated by another sentient species. With that in mind I guess I'm willing to overlook this, but it sure seems like a hasty explanation by Konami used to cover up an inconsistency to me.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="TruePerception":360ai1i7]It is also never stated (unless I missed something) that either Windy or Leknaat participated in the split, so it's possible that neither knows how to, and that the technique is lost.

It was declared as Canon that Windy and Laknaat split the rune together, it's the only way to explain how the only two suvivors of the Village of the Hidden Rune own the two halves of the Rune they were sworn to protect.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bright Shield and Black Sword are actually unique runes, not true runes. The Rune of the Gate is a true rune. During seperation, the two opposing features of the rune, Entrance and Exit, would have been split between the two halves. When Bright Shield and Black Sword come together in one body, it brings th Rune of Beginning into that person, presumably. So, the person would possess three runes (or perhaps the coming of the RoB would seal off the other two). This is how the two differ. The coffee analogy isn't really a full explaination, it's just an easy metaphor to use.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
JetTheHellfire

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was under the impression that the splitting of the Gate Rune is what caused Leknaat to go blind. I'm sure the division of purposes between Front & Back was either the product or method of separation. Either way, the end result is the same.

As far as the RoB, is it possible that other True Runes are divided into seperate unique runes as well? I've thought something like that might be the case with Zerase's and the SDS.
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Half True Runes Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So far, only the Rune of Beginnings is the only rune that comes as two unique runes. All other True Runes are complete and whole.

Also, if Laknaat was blinded by the ritual process to split the Gate rune, Windy would have been too.

JetTheHellfire

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not exactly, there could be any number of reasons why that might've happened to one and not the other. Whatever they did would've been rushed, as their village was under attack at the time, it wasn't planned. And I can't imagine they'd had any practice for doing whatever they did to split the Rune. An accident isn't too far of a stretch. Leknaat may have just gotten the brunt of it. If two people are in a wreck, the same things don't happen to both. One might get whiplash and the other might go through the window. For all we know, something may have happened to Windy as well, but maybe it was something that could be fixed, or just wasn't obvious.

I find it interesting that the RoB is like that. It's the only one to be that way out of the Runes that have been revealed, and to be honest I hope that isn't done to any in future games. Not without a really good reason anyway. That was so much of why II was awesome and I think a repeat would cheapen that.
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Half True Runes Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the RoB governs wars and their outcomes. So it'd be natural that it's pieces would actually foster opposing sides in a conflict.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: