Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Dangers of Harmonia and the 27 True Runes.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EternalLight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The Dangers of Harmonia and the 27 True Runes. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember Luc mentioning the Order and Chaos conflict, wasn't it at the end when it showed the lifeless Caleria? Maybe chaos is trying to disrupt the balance and make the whole world what was shown in Luc's vision of Caleria.

I doubt Harmonia and Order is evil because when you think of chaos, you think of how it is the struggle between dynamic opposites, form and chaos, good and evil and all the infinite variations in between. When the pendulum swings in favor of one, it must inevitably fall in favor of it's opposite. And thus the balance of the Universe is maintained. I wouldn't say Harmonia's agenda is justified for good but I doubt they are the true villians behind everything.

I think the Sindar has something to do with it, theres still very little known about them and we don't know whether they were good or evil, so that's pretty much open for many possibilities.
Serenity Frost

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Despite what video games are inclined to make you believe, a country that large isn't a mass of a single personality. Everyone goes after a goal for a different reason, and there are probably people in Holy Harmonia that don't want to collect the runes at all. It's the people in power that seem to want them, and why not? Anyone who controls a true rune has a massive amount of power in their palm. Power that can both save and destroy at the whim of the wielder.

If I myself was the governing power of Harmonia, I wouldn't seek the true runes so much as I would seek to ally myself with the ones the runes have chosen to bear them. Then, if necessary, deal with the ones that pose a threat to myself and my people. After all, without the human element, the rune is little more than a round stone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: