Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Old Nation System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Battle write-ups are included in the plans, yeah. There will also be a log, similar to a region list, which will keep track of the events. Given how easy it is to modify SQL queries once the initial work has been done, I will likely separate the lists into specific targets (major battle, party battle, exploration. etc.)

Quote:
I've got the maps on my computer at my parents house. I don't know when I can get to them but once I do, I'll send them to you Elc.

That is much appreciated. Thank-you.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

Potch
Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Ujitsuna":1svlvg5y]What about those of us who want to play a game similar to this but don't like Elc, Sage or Parallax? :D

My only concern addressed has been addressed. Uji, I think you and I can keep each other safe from the big meanies.

That being said, I don't know that I'll be all that active, but I've been itching for the old game, and from a rash, for a while now.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think with 33 votes to 5, it's kind of a good indicator that people want to play a game, so I'm going to ask for some volunteers now. So far, we have filled two nation leader positions and, before we open the floodgates, we would like to get as as many of the remaining positions filled. Highland and Tinto are already taken, so the available nations include: Harmonia and Falena, with options for: Jowston, Grassland, Island Nations, Scarlet Moon and Zexen. Depending on the number of members we get who actually sign up, we may have to start with fewer nations and bring the inactive ones to life as the forum grows.

So, do I have any volunteers?

Last edited by Elc on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

Potch
Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: The Old Nation System Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I'd be active enough to help run a nation, Island Nations or Falena would be fun to try, whichever someone else doesn't want I guess. I'd be happy to just take the one no one wants.

I'll still help with icons as I can.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

Potch
Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

May I ask how the filtering of non-nation leaders will work....?

Cuz as much as I'd like to volunteer leading a nation [size=50:2top0z9j]*coughFalenacough*
...I do not have much confidence in my leadership abilities...[size=50:2top0z9j]Though I liked the "system" we had...

[size=150:2top0z9j]BUT....that has lead me to wonder if non-leaders will be able to choose their nations or if it was like how suikox's was...in that it was left partly to chance...but all "automated"....?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

Potch
Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It will be your choice which nation to petition to join, although the nation leader will have ultimate say in the matter.

Flame of the West

Potch
Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not really interested in being a nation leader. I'm also glad we'll get to have our choice of which nation to petition to join, but I'm kind of worried that it will end up imbalanced-- but I guess the way this game is set up, smaller nations aren't as handicapped as they were in the old system.

I leave for almost a month of vacationing next weekend, but after that I should be around for the rest of the summer until I depart from college. I should be able to continue playing after I get moved in, though. :)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know me, Kikito and the Mademoiselle Geddoe would want to be in Harmonia for sure, but we're not quite decided on who would be a leader quite yet. Kiks is a bit reluctant to..

Though we might have something sorted out in a day or two to say who will volunteer for it, we've certainly got an eye on the country, just to let you know :P.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Ikano":3mmbhd6u]Cuz as much as I'd like to volunteer leading a nation [size=50:3mmbhd6u]*coughFalenacough* ...I do not have much confidence in my leadership abilities...[size=50:3mmbhd6u]Though I liked the "system" we had...

Hey, I was a nation leader for over a year and I didn't screw things up too badly. It also depends on the leadership style adopted, as one could go for the micromanagement route and drive themselves insane or one could delegate tasks to others and oversee the operation without getting too hands on.

[quote="Gil-galad":3mmbhd6u]I'm also glad we'll get to have our choice of which nation to petition to join, but I'm kind of worried that it will end up imbalanced-- but I guess the way this game is set up, smaller nations aren't as handicapped as they were in the old system.

There's always that possibility, even with an automated random sort as there's no guarantee it would distribute people evenly. The overall structure of the game isn't being set up to where the nation with the highest numbers are, by default, the strongest, rather the activity of the members will play a role in how well their nations do. Naturally, the numbers game factors into what can be done with war activities, but if we take mercenary players along the lines of Vextor, who would lend his strength to those most in need instead of the highest bidder, there are potential lifelines to consider.

It's also not outside the realm of possibility for nation leaders to provide incentives to free agents to join their nation, so there may be people who don't have a clear preference who can be persuaded to join a less populous nation. Yes, we have absolutely no problem with headhunting for members, but only when it comes to new members. Headhunting members within other nations would not be looked kindly upon.

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

Potch
Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Elc":1lazdwsq][quote="Ikano":1lazdwsq]Cuz as much as I'd like to volunteer leading a nation [size=50:1lazdwsq]*coughFalenacough* ...I do not have much confidence in my leadership abilities...[size=50:1lazdwsq]Though I liked the "system" we had...

Hey, I was a nation leader for over a year and I didn't screw things up too badly. It also depends on the leadership style adopted, as one could go for the micromanagement route and drive themselves insane or one could delegate tasks to others and oversee the operation without getting too hands on. Nay...I'd probably be sending it on a path of ruin before even an official "inauguration" is held....if you get what I'm saying....aha....
[size=50:1lazdwsq]It's a bit weird for me to nominate myself anyway...so I'll just....go back and return to my dark corner again >.>

Was mainly wondering about the other thing I mentioned in my previous post anyhow xp;;
So thanks for clearing that up

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

Potch
Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With all my unofficial powers over the gods of Tacos I nominate Ikano to lead Falena.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well huh.. I thought posting here was to show interest not that you actually had to say stuff! Then consider my post on the first page interest postage!

As for Nation Leader.. Not Zal! Tonby maybe..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ViktorFan

Shalimar

Potch
Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If there's a free spot to lead a nation I'd be interested. It seems Harmonia and Falena are taken too so Jowston could be an option but I'm open to any other nation. ^^
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, technically, only Highland and Tinto are taken, with others showing an interest. Perhaps something like "I want to lead <nation>, woof!" would be applicable.

ard

Einherjar

Potch
Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"I want to lead Vagueland, woof!"

Oh. :(

I have a blank map of the Suikoden world with the old SuikoX look and a texturized blank version along the lines of [url=http://ardworks-design.nl/ardarts/img/misc/suikoden_world_ map.jpg:1t31enwy]this[/url:1t31enwy]. If you're still looking for a map i have some for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 4 of 19

Jump to: