Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

If I create a suikoden fan game...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's pretty good mega0soft.

Anyways, I have exams to finish so I can only browse for a few days. I am still working on the NPCs as trying to make them look different from each other is a pain and I am close to being tempted just to do a pallete swap with most of them.
Finfreeze

177377 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ferrouslupusrex wrote:
I have chinese looking characters in a desert (lol) with no explanation.

THERE ARE DESERTS IN CHINA
I WOULD NOT MIND HAVING CHINA FOR DESSERT

ferrouslupusrex wrote:
I have to move certain locations around like haud and estrise to fit them where they are most logical.

I am interested in hearing why Haud and Estrise are in particularly illogical locations, and why it's necessary that they be moved around.

ferrouslupusrex wrote:
So far I have classified quite a few techniques for each weapon type. It will go like so:
Technique: Pummel --- In the game you may find technique scrolls that can be equiped to this slot. In this case, the Kali Sticks technique would be Barrage, a multi strike technique against one enemy.

This is interesting. Can you mix and match tech scrolls between characters to customize, or are they permanently equipped? Does a particular tech scroll contain techniques for all kinds of weapons—say it grants Pierce if equipped to a spear user, but instead teaches Pummel if equipped to a kali stick fighter—or is each scroll exclusive to a single weapon (or is there a little of both)? Do you get multiple tech slots, and if so, do you get more slots as you level? Do mages get tech slots? And do techniques replace the command runes of previous games?

ferrouslupusrex wrote:
I would have released chapter I last february but I got swamped with school work and I was not too keen with the iffy progression of the story.

In fact I had to use several notebooks just to keep a tabs with how the story goes so I can portray it properly.

Hm. How much has the story changed since then? Did you just have to iron out some small problems or did you have to make large revisions to the story? What in particular struck as being wrong with the original progression? You say you use several notebooks, I'd be kinda interested in seeing how the notes are organized. I like seeing a little of the design process.

ferrouslupusrex wrote:
Now as for a demo, let me see if I could release one without spoiling too much.

I don't think you need worry about that too much. I mean, the game is going to be in chapters, right? Anyway, it's nice to see this thing's not completely dead. But just in case you're unable to produce a demo, could we at least see a screenshot or two of the interface, a normal conversation, and/or the battle system?
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just need to finish my exams tommorow and I'll post an update with PICS.
chaco

Chacos Regiment

45276 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Use RPG Maker 2003 (or XP) if you have the mopney VX. Those are amazing systems for building an RPG and very easy to use. If you know scripting XP is for you, if not 2003 is better IMO. I've made fan games (not posted online cuz it's just a hobby of mine) and I was able to do eevrything from Runes, to a Stars of destiny to a Duel system.

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

soooo anything.......new?
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Jack of All Trades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: If I create a suikoden fan game... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt it Suikoden Fan Games die at a very young age. My Suikoden RMXP Project, currently in pre-production, is coming along smoothly... But that is probably because I have a team of 9 people, and we save our work online to prevent a hard drive failure from taking everything from us.
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: If I create a suikoden fan game... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that sound like a goood idea
EternalDusk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it wouldn't hurt if you try it at least once right?
i'll give it a shot :wink:
Jack of All Trades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="EternalDusk":32ypgy30]it wouldn't hurt if you try it at least once right?
i'll give it a shot :wink:

Give what a shot?
rstrack89

52707 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: If I create a suikoden fan game... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I seriously checked on here atleast once a week to see if he updated at all, but seeing that there hasn't been anything in a long while from him I'd guess it died out. Then again he did have a lot of school work and all that nonsense so it is very possible that he just became overwhelmed and put it on hold, because it did seem that there was a lot of time invested on it.

One can only hope I suppose.

But to Jack, what type of game are you and your team working on? I would show interest in that as well as just about anything else Suikoden related just to try it out, and hopefully to fill some sort of gap until they decide to continue on with the official storyline and stop hopping back and fourth with the time line, whether it be considered canon or not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

as long as you got luca blight in it i will play it
Templeton

186895 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: If I create a suikoden fan game... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there anyway to salvage the "Nation System"? Atleast post a reminder of what it was so that it can be a standing monument to what was fan fictional regions in an on-line roleplaying game.

As I recall there was an extension of the Grasslands north of the Western Continent, Katana was on the Eastern Continent, and there was the "Silver Pirates Nest". Those were the most note worthy aspects of it in my case and if anyone else can post reminders I would like to hear from you.

Thank you.

Ryan.
ShadowKou

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'd myself would like to see a suikoden game where you can pick your race and weapon and appearance to some extent.
(like a white furred kobold with a Nunchaku or a Winger with 2 swords or even a Karayan with a scythe.) Fan made or Konami, that way theres some replay value.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: If I create a suikoden fan game... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-Deleted-

Last edited by ferrouslupusrex on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: If I create a suikoden fan game... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Templeton":2zhqvmne]Is there anyway to salvage the "Nation System"? Atleast post a reminder of what it was so that it can be a standing monument to what was fan fictional regions in an on-line roleplaying game.

As I recall there was an extension of the Grasslands north of the Western Continent, Katana was on the Eastern Continent, and there was the "Silver Pirates Nest". Those were the most note worthy aspects of it in my case and if anyone else can post reminders I would like to hear from you.

My team is currently working on a variation of the old Nation System. It won't be following up on the old game since, well, we have practically none of that data nor any of the maps which were used, but I don't see why Silver Pirate's Island can't be included as a tribute. For this particular project, be sure to keep an eye on [url=http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30& ;t=32362:2zhqvmne]this[/url:2zhqvmne] thread, as it will contain any information once it becomes available.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: