Suikoden United and Infamous Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sales

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Sales Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't visited most of the threads in this subforum for fear of spoilers, so this may have been discussed elsewhere.

What are the sales like for Tierkreis so far? Do we know yet? Do we think it sold enough copies to help the series long-term?

This applies to both Japanese and NTSC versions (and I guess PAL?).

^Actual quote!
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember hearing that Tierkreis is selling pretty well in Japan, which is a good sign. "Pretty well" of course is relative and non-specific, and since I can't recall the actual figures this isn't much help I suppose. >_>

However, I do recall that the Japanese numbers at least are floating around the community somewhere!

On the long term issue of the series, I think Konami fully intends to continue the series and sales figures comparable to or better than past games supports this. There are however hints that they intend to do it in a manner that deviates from the already established Suikoden world by exploring the so-called "infinity" (a.k.a. the million worlds). Whether that means continuing with the settings in Tierkreis or switching to other known or unknown worlds within the Suikoverse is anyone's guess. I'm basing my opinion mostly on the questions Konami answered not too long ago.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Jiang Hu Warrior

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about Western sales? :?:
Korgeta

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Sales Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well its puzzling, this here is the [url:2ifngpyl]http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id =30121[/url:2ifngpyl] In all honesty 0.17mil sales is a bad number for a hand game. Even the games that are not pokemon or the ones that sell 2 million usually sell 0.40mil.

More simply put this game has sold less in japan in comparison to suikoden V that sold 0.19 mil or suikoden II that sold 0.38mil. Konami need to come out and confirm Tierkeris was succseful to their eyes but as a handheld it should be selling considerably more. As for western sales, word of mouth says it hasn't even picked up 20k. Certinely not enough to get a mention in the vgchartz but that has been the case for the series. Though this new start with tierkeris is still a decline in sales. so in short, its not good news espacilly as the majority of the sales have always been from japan.
Jiang Hu Warrior

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*signs* :(

Why can't can Suikoden get a freaking break? It seems the series' high point sales wise was III.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We can't really use sales figures from other games in relation to Suikoden, particularly since the series is notorious for its low production runs outside of Japan. I honestly haven't seen any copies of Tierkreis other than the one I picked up (though, admittedly, I haven't been trying too hard as of late) so a 0.17 million sales figure may not be bad for Tierkreis.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: