Suikoden United and Illegal Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Heroes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
I mean why else do people look to Lex Luthor and The Joker as the epitome of what makes a great supervillain. They have no powers beyond what they can do with their intellect, and in the case of The Joker, his unlimited capacity to just be sociopathically unpredictable. I don't think we've seen the last of Adam and with the actor playing Sylar off to film J.J. abrams' Star Trek movie I think Sylar will either be away for some time or see his end in Volume 3.

Kring has said that the writer's strike should allow them to have Sylar in all the episodes.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, here's to hoping they either kill him off or at least some sort of resolution where he's gone for longer than between seasons. They need to establish and develop other foils for the heroes beyond Sylar.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, Sylar is good but perhaps it is too soon for him to be back. There are a few annoying heroes that need to be knocked off though, Sylar's always good for that. One of the things with Sylar and Peter in the first season though that they were a good match for each other - and we've pretty much seen that there's noone that can really stand up to Peter, which was why it was scary when Adam took Peter onto his side.

The villain options now are:
a) Combining current villains into a super team (seems likely with 'villains' being the chapter name)
b) Use Sylar again and either kill him properly or have him disappear again (for a season or two - if it goes that long)
c) Create a new 'stronger' supervillain like Sylar
d) Create a lesser villain but have Peter out of the loop or unable to assist, since he's a bit overpowered comparatively. Even kill Peter off
e) Have a mastermind villain show up - a Lex Luther type like Tullaryx suggested. Adam was the first step towards this and did establish that Peter can be lead astray pretty easily
f) Rinse and repeat the 'Spiderman effect' and have Peter lose control of his powers/emotions again... giving another villain time to build up

I personally hope we don't see option c, because that gives the potential to make the show like Dragon Ball Z where they fall into the loop of just making stronger and stronger enemies turn up out of the blue just so the protagonists have new challenges... which in DBZ they invariably beat the same way anyway.

Actually one of the best villains in Heroes was the alternate future, where Nathan appeared to be the president and running everything until it turned out it was actually Sylar. That was awesome.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think if Tim Kring and the writers really want to emulate the whole X-Men mutant hysteria all the heroes and non-hero characters seem to bet all worked up about then they might as well do their own version of one of the comic world's best storyline ever: Days of Future Past. Anyone who has ever read the X-Men comics would know this storyline and just how great it is.

If there's one thing the show has shown us its that most of the heroes would rather hide their abilities than show them to the world. They think that by exposing their powers and themselves to the normal humans they would be feared, shunned and locked up. Sounds like something the X-Men have felt and feared through most of their run. A good full season storyline would be to have someone very high up in the government having had a bad experience with one of the heroes and going out of his/her way not just to expose them but to neutralize them.

This storyline wouldn't just galvanize and unite all the different heroes to go against the scariest thing they'll ever have to face: The U.S. Government. It will also force the Company to have to do good and actually help the heroes instead of trying to manipulate and control them. Hell, they could even make it that this politician was one of the earliest members of the Company but had a falling out with them. So, we get a villain with no powers but with close to unlimited resources to use to destroy those he or she thinks will be the biggest danger to everyone: those with powers.

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just finished watching season 1 of this show. I bought it basically on a lark at Target, since they were having a holiday special and were selling it for only $19 compared to the normal price of $50. I figured that since so many people were talking about it and it sounded interesting enough, I might as well give it a go--and I was not disappointed. In fact, I watched the whole season over the span of 3 days.

There were "problems" with the show I guess, if I wanted to be critical about it. But I was able to accept it for what it is, which is basically a glorified comic book series. I rarely watch television and instead choose to watch DVDs, so I probably won't even watch it on TV once the writer's strike is over (god knows when that will be). But, I'll definitely buy season 2 when it finally comes out on DVD. Overall, I really, really enjoyed the show.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone out there been keeping up with Season 3 of Heroes? I have been watching it religiously every Monday, and so far I think the series is going in a relatively good direction.

SPOILERAGE AHEAD ENTER AT OWN RISK

Here's some of my thoughts on what's been going on:

I like how they're changing the direction of Sylar's character. In fact, he's quickly becoming my favorite character.

I love how they seem to have dropped Micah and his cousin. I absolutely hated their story in the last season.

Something I'm not too happy about is how they seemed to have made Peter have Sylar's hunger, only to have him lose his powers(again!).
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Soo, anyone keeping up with Volume 4?

spoiler timeeee!

[spoiler:f42j1f0p]* Guess what, they brought Micah back. And now, he's this genius who suddenly directs everyone else through technology on how to survive. Whaaaaat?

*The next episode is titled "I Am Sylar", and it looks like it's going to be all about the guy. And from the blurb, he gets a new power, too.. and an identity crisis? I'd guess that the new power he picks up can be his father's skill, or Eric Doyle's puppet mastery... both good options for the crisis thing.

*Danko is great as a villain. He has no powers, rather, it's his attitude and knowledge (and his being part of DHS) that makes him dangerous. Imagine a more influential Noah Bennet. It's a nice contrast to oppose everyone rather than have Sylar pop up from time to time and annoy everyone, right?

* Wtf was up with the whole Angela-Alice thing, really? It just strengthened the fan theory that Angela slept with Kaito Nakamura (if she could hide these from her children, she could hide that from Arthur too). Plus, why Nathan and Peer had to argue about the 1986 Mets is completely beyond me.[/spoiler:f42j1f0p]

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: