Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Answers from Konami
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the fact that they offered at all does mean that they care somewhat. At least no one's going around right now saying "I think the series is dead, there will never be a Suikoden VI" like we were before Tierkreis was announced.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Late, but I'm commenting on it anyways.

First off, I agree with whoever said in this thread that this was just for publicity purposes, a way to tell everyone "Hey, we reach out to our fans." Except they just gave us a bunch of crap and nonsense that a five-year old could throw out. It's not good, but seriously, you couldn'tve expected any better.

Quote:
Question #1: Many Suikoden games worked old save data into bonuses or unlockables in subsequent games. Does the introduction of a hard drive and constant internet access on the latest generation of systems open up any possibilities of similar rewards for long time fans of the series who have played multiple games?
Konami: While we have not made any announcements regarding future Suikoden titles we always try and take advantage of all the technical advancements in the new platforms. We did this in Suikoden Tierkreis by utilizing the Wi-Fi connectivity of the Nintendo DS to create a new and unique addition to the series and we hope to continue this sort of growth in future games.

Alright, a fair answer, I guess. Though, who doesn't take advantage of such things?

Quote:
Question #2: Many Suikoden fans fell in love with Hugo, Geddoe, and Chris Lightfellow of Suikoden III for their expressive personalities. Can we expect to see more talkative main characters, or will we see more silent heroes?
Konami: The main theme of Suikoden Tierkreis is “the infinite probability of future,” so the Hero has to have his own will to work towards the future. If he didn’t speak, he wouldn’t have conviction in his beliefs. If the series continues the attitude of the next game’s Hero will depend on what the theme is and how it effects [sic] the Hero.

Yes, Einstein? Didn't everyone have a will to work for the better of the world? Isn't that why they waged all the wars?

Quote:
Question #4: Chris Lightfellow was a very popular female lead in Suikoden III, Do you think that a female Tenkai Star is possible in the future and what do you think are the challenges to using a women as the main character?

Konami: The main character does not necessarily have to be male. If we decide to create another Suikoden title, there’s a possibility that the main character could be female the next time around.

Vextor: Which also means it's possible to have another teenage boy as the hero for the 5th time!

At least, they ruled out masculine rule of the Tenkai Star. A hooray for feminists around the community.

Quote:
Question #5: If Suikoden Tierkreis is the future of the series can we expect to get any form of resolution to the unanswered questions of the old series?
Konami: It is too early to say but it will depend on how the games progress in the future, but we would like to resolve many of Suikoden’s mysteries.

Translation: We don't know, man.

Quote:
Question #6: Why did you choose to set Tierkreis in an alternate and seemingly unrelated world when one of the major reasons fans appreciate the series so much are the connecting stories, characters, locations, etc. Is it just to attract new fans? And if so, why would you want to use an unrelated game (story wise) as an entry point to the series for new comers, when, if they decide to become more involved in the series they'll have to immerse themselves in the original story line and locations anyway? And are you not worried that this will just drive away old fans?

Konami: The earlier Suikoden games were all in the same world and same timeline. It’s true that this is a large attraction for fans of the series, but it also can be a barrier for players who are new to Suikoden. The development team had some trouble with moving the story forward due to the long 14 year history, that we think wouldn’t be resolved by remaking the former games. In Suikoden Tierkreis, we wanted to focus on the “Infinity,” where we can look at many different Suikoden worlds, and develop a completely new story for each. We’ve expanded new “Gateways” and new “Possibility” for the future of Suikoden. It’s a bit too early to say exactly how the series will progress but please look forward to future announcements.

Dear fans, we have decided to emulate the money-making power of Square, and your Suikoden is now a lesser Final Fantasy!

Quote:
Question #7: In the official timeline, it says that Crowley and Mazus had a duel before when they're supposed to have been born. Did they reincarnate? What is the story behind this, or is it an error?
Konami: Other story developments, like this one, may become clear in the future.

Whoa man, and you just contradicted yourself in the previous question... do you even know what we're talking about? This is Suikoden, right?

Quote:
Question #8: Many fans have heated debates over what makes a Suikoden game Suikoden, and often refer to to the "Suikoden feel" of a game. Depending on who you talk to it can be the story, the 108 stars of destiny, the true runes/rune system, 6 person battles, or any number of things. What would you consider to be the core qualities of Suikoden? What gives a game that "Suikoden feel?"
Konami: The grand story of 108 people is what makes a true Suikoden game. Not only 108 allies, but also enemies, who have their own drama, and live in the Suikoden world. This is what makes the games so interesting.

Wrong and right. The 108 People does indeed give the Suikoden feel, but there's also the big factor of continuity. Look at the Viki fans, the Jeane fans, all those Pesmerga fanboys and the like. They're a big part, too.

Quote:
Question #9: How does fan feedback factor into the development of the Suikoden games? Is it something that is seriously considered and actively looked for, and if so, has such feedback resulted in tangible changes in game development (examples would be appreciated)?
Konami: We try to read all letters and messages from our fans about the former games in the Suikoden series. We have paid especially close attention to things people have pointed out as faults and referred to them as we have tried to develop a better game.

Read: We do try to read them, but 70% of what we get roughly translates into "omg i want more yuber mehn", so we ignore that part. The 29% does have some interesting ideas, but we still think our ideas are better. Then the 1% that REALLY have the bombs, well... we don't know. And yeah, what's with all the translation errors?

Quote:
Question #10: Was there any reason behind characters and other objects being named after Zoroastrian mythology in Suikoden V?
Konami: Suikoden V is a story of the Sun, so Zoroastrian mythology, which often uses the images of light and fire, was a strong influence in some parts.

We deduced as much, but hey, thanks for confirming.

Quote:
Question #11: Are you considering remaking Suikoden I and II? Suikoden I and II would look pretty amazing in HD, with crisp and sharp graphics (keep it in sprites), bright and exciting colours and of course HD size.
Konami: That is an interesting idea; we will consider it in the future.

Just remember, the world is more than the 4 islands of Japan.

Quote:
Question #12: Why was Suikoden III not released in Europe (PAL) and is there ever going to be a chance for European gamers to play the game?
Konami: Unfortunately the game can only work with NTSC so the probability of it releasing for PAL is very low.

LOL.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
kyura

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My opinion is that the advantage of Suikoden is how the series connected in the same world and time line (yes, i admit the 108 recruitment plays a role too), they had many characters from one of the series who came back in the next series (and I always wait excitingly to see how they've changed).. That's what makes Suikoden differrent from other RPGs I've played (and I consider it the best, I'm a bit picky that I only finished up playing the game that I considered worth enough to, and Suikoden series is one of the very few games that I had finished), Suikoden have a good but not too long story line in each series, but the series are all connected...
I believe that with that system, everyone can still begin from any number of the series and will be wanting to play the other (at least all the next) number of the series after finished up with one. Is that can't be seen as a profitable view for the game developer?
So my point is, if the Company wants to know what the fans want for the series, as one of them, I really want they to continue the main story, coz' that's why I play Suikoden for all this time... How about you guys?

Last edited by kyura on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah i agr ee with u :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: