Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden IV...the black sheep of the family
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icegryphon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah I forgot to put this. One thing I disliked about Suiko4 were the army battles. They were so bloody easy.
Masked Bishop

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Suikoden IV...the black sheep of the family Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I liked Suikoden 4 a whole lot more once Suikoden 5 came out. I loved 1-3 so incredibly much that when I played 4 for the first time, it was just one big letdown from beginning to end. I felt that the intricacies of the first three games were sort of kind of attempted, but didn't really succeed in any respect - the rushed and slightly boring story, the poor character development, the shitty hero, 4-person parties, everything. I just felt slightly betrayed by this series that means so much to me.

However, Suikoden 5 was such a complete and total return to form that hope was inspired in me again. I replayed Suikoden 4 and realized I judged too harshly. While it is definitely the weakest of all the Suikoden games (Rhapsodia and Tierkries included), it really is pretty okay, and all the faults I saw on my first playthrough didn't bother me so much. I've even played it once again (though, it is still the Suikoden I've played the least).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: