Suikoden Unique and Irrational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hardest game you've played?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haroth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Every Megaman game up until X5 is ridiculously hard. ;-;

[size=120:17kvj9gq]Life is uncensored; prepare to blush.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Haroth":8x31i13g]Every Megaman game up until X5 is ridiculously hard. ;-;

True that!

Oh and also, Atelier Iris Eternal Mana is damn hard!
Well the whole thing isn't just the Amalgam bit that is hard...
And also, I've only seen my friend actually get all the way to Amalgam. I got stuck when I was about to get to Amalgam and fight him and eventually gave up on it -.-
cpr

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Ehmm... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RPG wise I find ANY Xenosaga difficult. Gets on my nerve pretty bad.

I've also always thought paperboy was hard.
Or maybe I don't have the patience and suck. =oP
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well... the "mission mode" in PES 2008 for ps2 has some REALLY hard missions, I remember spending hours to finish those.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Hardest game you've played? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Touhou series. I practiced for months and still couldn't get a full clear on normal in either 7 or 8. Came pretty damn close though.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I guess since I found Final Fantasy X pretty easy (I'm a completionist, so it makes things quite a bit easier in the long run when I have everyone's best weapons, max levels, etc.), I win :P.

However, I found quite a few of the TurboGrafiX16 games back in the day frustratingly difficult. Sinistral I think was the one that nearly had be snap my controller in half (side scrolling shooter). The one it was packed with (Keith Courage in the Alpha Zone) was just outright mean (side scrolling platformer, cept your in initial weapon was melee... and about 1cm onscreen if that). I know there was another that just pissed me off, but I seem to have mentally blocked it out. (though I remember the initial Megaman games being pretty rough). Oh, Nanobreaker(PS2) can shove off too.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lion King for the Sega Genesis; when I was a young tyke I kept at that came FOREVER until I got to Scar, and I simply could not beat him. Than my folks got me a brand spanking new N64 and told me I had to give my Sega to some other kid. C'est la vie.

Echo the Dolphin: Tides of Time was the same story, I went at it like a champ until I got to some squid Medusa thing that I couldn't beat. I actually figured out how to beat it right before I had to give up said Sega, but alas, it wasn't the last boss.

As for more recent adventures, I'd have to say the Fire Emblem games that I've played on hard mode, and here's why: when a character dies (assuming it isn't a core character, which means game over), that character is dead forever. Anybody with a soul can't stand by and watch one of their beloved characters be dead forever, so you reset and try again. It gets difficult even on the less challenging levels since almost every character can be one-shoted in certain situations. Just today I've probably had to reset or gotten a gameover on 1 level 5 or 6 times. And don't think about letting your few Godlike high level characters do all the killing because there is a limited amount of XP to gain throughout the games, and in the later levels those characters suddenly aren't so Godlike. Heaven help you on hard mode if half your characters are dead and you've been letting your high level guys soak up all the XP opportunities. From what I understand, the earlier Fire Emblems are even harder, but I haven't had the chance to play them.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never had much trouble with Scar, but I used the level cheat to get to him.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
blizder

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lufia games arent that bad, as long as you can solve the puzzles. Gameplay wise it's damn good compared to modern games.
It could be just me and my classic craze, though.

to me,the hardest i ever played were the first 3 ninja gaiden series, as well as a side shooter game called Zero Wing.( ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US) Drop me dead if you can clear stage 3 or 6 without dying.

another game would be shadow of the colossus on the PS2.I cant believe i had to grab their fur and get flung about for the life of me while climbing their hair and stone bodies(hair climbing fun-ness) :mrgreen:
Island dweller

Archane watchmen

60038 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Way back when i was a little sprite and Star ocean: second story came out i found it insanely impossible as soon as i got to the hoffmann ruins with that little punk Leon. I loved that game and i must have started it and gotten to that same place about 5 times.

Ive since finished it and realised i was just crap at playing games full stop back then, but ive never had an experience like that before or since.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ikaruga was quite demanding in the hand-eye coordination department.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: