Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fallout 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nines

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Fallout 3 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, I've been waiting for this for 121 months before finally getting it last week, and I think Bethesda pretty much nailed it. It's not an absolutely perfect game (haven't played many of those) and the dialogue isn't quite as snappy as Fallout's, but it's still probably the best game I've played this year.

I was kind of flustered at the beginning because suddenly, my character template I use for every other Fallout wasn't quite as good, and perks that I knew were now all different and such, but I've gotten the hang of it and now, I'm playing a gunslinger who happens to be the holiest man ever to slap iron, who also got addicted to Morphine while he SHOT HIS WAY TO THE TRUTH.

Anyone else have any impressions they'd care to share?
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Awesome game, I rented it last Tuesday when it came out and pretty much have been playing it nonstop. But just a few hours ago I beat it and returned it. There was still a ton of stuff I could have done though. The Tesla armor is the coolest thing to wear. And bloody mess has to be the coolest skill.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the game quite a bit.

It annoys me how almost completely identical to Oblivion that Fallout 3 turned out. I know that many people don't see this as a flaw; indeed, Oblivion was a decent game itself, but I don't have nearly as much regard for it as most people that I talk to. The fact that I played Oblivion so recently is definitely contributing as well, making that sense of similarity overwhelming.

However, as I said, I like Fallout 3 quite a bit. I have put numerous hours into it, and I haven't even come close to beating it (at least, I don't think I have), because I've been screwing around...running from town to town doing side quests and exploring, and such. I might knuckle down and progress through the main story today though, because I kinda want to know what happens.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I read some reviews that say that the PS3 version is graphically inferior. My PC is slowly becoming too old to play games on their highest settings anymore (Just bought Red Alert 3 and I have to knock it down to Medium settings with one or two Highs snuck in). So I was thinking of buying this for the PS3 instead of the PC. But if the graphics are that bad I might as well just play it on lower settings, anyone have the PS3 version?

Also, you can resell the PS3 version after finishing it, not so much on the PC version.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Oppenheimer":455m4lv8]So I read some reviews that say that the PS3 version is graphically inferior. My PC is slowly becoming too old to play games on their highest settings anymore (Just bought Red Alert 3 and I have to knock it down to Medium settings with one or two Highs snuck in). So I was thinking of buying this for the PS3 instead of the PC. But if the graphics are that bad I might as well just play it on lower settings, anyone have the PS3 version?

Also, you can resell the PS3 version after finishing it, not so much on the PC version.

I would hold off on buying the PS3 version if and when Bethesda can come up with a patch to fix the graphical bugs in the game. Reason why the 360 seems to look and play better is due to Bethesda using the 360/PC as the lead platform to develop the game on then porting it over to the PS3. From what I've read about games developed for all three platforms its easier to port a game from the PS3 to the 360/PC platforms without losing any quality than it is to port something from 360/PC over to the PS3.

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I bought this game and I am happy with it. I have the English version, because for one thing, I started doing almost everything in that language. This includes movies, books, forums and games. The other reason is, that I didn't want to have a cut game. I usually don't need violent games, which are even more violent in English, but since I pay the whole prize, I want the complete game.
I am mature enough to decide how much violence i can live with, without becoming affected by it.

That said, I like the game a lot. I haven't played its former installments, but I played Oblivion for many hours and I enjoy both the similiarities and the differences. I have played around 16 hours so far and I completed less than seven or eight "jobs". I am looking forward to the next things to come.

However, I have a question: The little book in the beginning, when you decide how many points you distribute to your SPECIAL, was it written in German? Either that or I had a serious lack of coffee...

The Fool
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Fallout 3 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I've been having a great time with it. I got the PS3 version, and it's not nearly as bad as you've been lead to believe. The internet tends to run with these things, and people who haven't seen all the versions running in front of them just spread the propaganda.

Two friends of mine have the PC and 360 versions, and, although a well-equipped PC blows both skyward, the 360 and PS3 versions are very similar, with each excelling in different areas. Both run at a nice clip, both have similar loading times, and, outside of a alaising on far off objects on the PS3 version, it's pretty similar. If you're going to have to scale the PC version down, chances are the PS3 version will look better.

Still, as Tull says, you may decide to hold off on getting a PS3 version if you can. There is an annoying bug where the screen will freeze when you get a notifiation, (someone signs in/out, receiving messages etc.), and although this can be aborted by not signing in or turning off notifications, it's a bother regardless. Until Bethesda release a patch, anyway. All the versions are pretty buggy, with the PC having the most, and Bethesda have said they're forming a plan for their patching efforts. Also, if you care about such things, Fallout is receiving Trophies through a patch in the future. It's doubtful these are going to be retroactive, so you'd have to play the game afresh to get them.

Lastly, the PS3's Collector's Edition does have one advantage over the others, as somewhat insignificant as it may be. The Bonus disc is not a DVD like the others, but a Blu-Ray, and is entirely in HD. Nice to have, anyway. :lol:

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the game. It's my first fallout game, so I was only expecting it to be similar to Oblivion (which is indeed my favorite game of all time.)

My 360 version, actually, is rather buggy. It freezes way too frequently, and I have been running into a few graphical glitches where the pixels seem to explode all over the place.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Yvl":2658gn3r]My 360 version, actually, is rather buggy. It freezes way too frequently, and I have been running into a few graphical glitches where the pixels seem to explode all over the place.

Yeah there are glitches on the console versions, should be fixable via Xbox Live sooner or later.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like Bethesda has quite a bit of downloadable content planned for Fallout 3, with three upgrades already planned, including one (slated for March) which will take place after the main storyline has been completed and raise the level cap to 30.

The first one is dated to come out 27th of January, and is apparently a simulation of the battle between American and Chinese forces in Alaska during the war (presumably taking the form of a simulation, similar to the in-game pod simulation on the main quest). Sounds pretty cool to me.

Unfortunately for PS3 owners, apparently the DLC is available only on PC and XBox360 due to some kind of exclusivity agreement with Microsoft.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Parallax":1box835g]Unfortunately for PS3 owners, apparently the DLC is available only on PC and XBox360 due to some kind of exclusivity agreement with Microsoft.

The PS3 version gets royally screwed over so I bought the PC version even though I had to upgrade my graphics card.

I'm really liking it though! However, I put all my skill points into energy weapons and the ammo is scarce so I have to be a bit careful, mirelurks are kicking my ass when I don't take out my laser rifle.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

got the PS3 versionb and i love it :D
blizder

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Got the PC version, and loved it. I'm still loving it, because of all it's DLC coming along. the january release is called the anchorage, supposedly a quest that was in the previous fallout games(i'm not sure which) and yes,it's got to do with americans and chinese.

the second DLC,which i have and havent started yet,is The Pitt, and this one is kind of like a dungeon, as i heard they take all your weapons and armor away temporarily upon entering The Pitt. they'll return to you, and you'll get to keep whatever you found in The Pitt, so beware of the weight problems.(wouldn't want to run around encumbered,would you?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: