Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Would you still like Suikoden if the series became popular?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know I already voiced my opinion in this thread a year ago, but it doesn't hurt to reiterate that whether a game is mainstream or a general unknown makes no difference to me. I like what I like and I will continue to support what I like.

The continuity in the series is something which makes Suikoden special. Those familiar with the series can tell you with ease where each game fits into the timeline, which isn't really the case with other games like Legend of Zelda which, supposedly, all fit within the same continuity.

However, Suikoden tends to be damned if it messes with established mechanics (I didn't find Suikoden IV to be as bad as the general opinion makes it out to be but, hey, that's just my own opinion) which can make it difficult for it to grow and evolve. However, Suikoden V did a good job revamping the party system.

I do hope that Konami doesn't focus on "graphics first and foremost" for any future installments in the series, as I would be perfectly happy if any subsequent Suikoden game featured graphics on par with Suikoden I & II.

I should also point out that I don't care one bit if games don't feature voice acting or if the hero remains a silent hero. All I ask is for a good game and a console to play it on (preferably not a Microsoft console, as they currently don't offer me anything that I can't get on a PlayStation to warrant buying one) and I'm happy.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
superangelo128

18698 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course!

Popularity doesn't really stop me from liking a game really...

Scythe

2679 Potch
30 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really hope Suikoden would become popular already. I feel its the most underrated game franchise other than Bust a Groove.

I'd love to actually be able to talk to people in real life about these games rather than try and force it on them. (they do end up loving it but still)

Also if its popular we'd actually get stuff like the gaidens and the *sigh* PSP ports.

Luckily 6 should be coming and its most likely to surely be overshadowed by ff13 but I can hope that it actually shines for once.
I don?t care, I?m still free.
You can?t take the sky from me.
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As long as the games still kick butt i dont care. i personally like FF. Suikoden is a lost gem. and i would love to see it gain popularity.

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
natsun7gem

Natsun gem of Aronia

37113 Potch
14 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As long as I could play and enjoy it.. popular or not, it'd always had a tender place in my heart.. Suikoden's REALLY my type..! 8-)
I'm looking for a same path, that I couldn't find in the past......

genne atreides aka natsun gem
Ryanml

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i think the series is already popular actually.. but um im sure that i would.. ive liked it since suikoden 1 and ill like it until the last game is made.. prob until the day i die..
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I reckon that the Suikoden series isn't really well known around the whole world yet.
Somehow I think that Konami doesn't really distribute this game as much as Final Fantasy do.
For example, in Australia, there's barely anyone own/know about this game.
Same goes for Indonesia too. Out of the whole how many million population we have it's probably only 0.00000001% who know of and own this game.
If it does become popular, then I guess it would be a dream come true?
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That would be less than one person on the whole planet, Flamo! 1 in 10 billion, to be exact.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Wind Rune

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would still like it. graphics or main stream games aren't as important to me as a good story. and Suikoden has some of the best stories i have ever seen
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just care what I like, not whether other people also happen to like it. So if Suikoden became more popular, it wouldn't effect me other than the fact there'd be more people to actually discuss it with.

I also like the TV show Lost even though nobody I know likes it. (I understand it's one of the most popular shows on TV, yet I can never find anybody who actually watches it.) So I've loaned out my DVD's and gotten friends and co-workers into the show, and so now it's a topic of discussion. But I still love it just as before.

I'll use another example. I loved Guitar Hero back when it was just two games. Now there are five games with three more coming out this year. It's also the fastest game franchise to reach $1 billion world wide. So it's definitely become popular. But I still love it. As long as the quality stays the same, I'll keep playing them.

The only thing that popularity would be bad for would be hype. Final Fantasy XIII is going to fail just because of it's own hype (and the fact that they showed the first trailer 4+ years ago, and we're still no closer to a release date). It doesn't matter if XIII is a good game or not in it's own right. It will never live up to "Final Fantasy", and the longer they delay it the worse it'll be for them. A game like Suikoden can put out a sequel and it won't matter if it's average or (heaven forbid) below average because it's a game that generally receives no hype whatsoever (except from its fans).

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
EternalDusk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

why not?as long as the game still rocks all's well.. if it's popular the fear of suikoden stopping will finally cease :D
jowy220

Location: highland royal plaza (sleeping in the bed with jilia)
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if the game become popular that will be better, more popular mean more Sale and that's good cause more sale mean more suikoden games and that's what i like , i like all the suikoden games ,well there is some release that i didn't like a lot but Overall this game is really cool and i will always play it
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will also stay a fan of Suikoden no matter how popular cuz i love suikoden
SixWingedSin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know it's been said already but I'll have to voice it like this:

If Suikoden becomes popular, that'd be awesome. If Suikoden becomes popular and gets to be a typical mainstream release catered to the lowest common denominator with massive changes to make it 'new and exciting' then I think I'll pass. That's when the game series would have hit about where Alien: Ressurection does... where they should have stopped the series at 1 previous and let the legend live on. Tierkreis is moving in the direction of 'quick, easy, and dumbed down' in mechanics and plot. Good game, but it's taking the series is a direction that just makes it the next Final Fantasy clone. (This, of course, doesn't mean it's there YET)
Icegryphon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It depends...if by becoming popular they sold out and made crappy games like FFX (at least the convoluted story and crappy character design), X-2 and 12...then no. but if it was just popular as in everyone started talking about it, I could care less.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: