Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tierkreis vs Valkyrie Profile: CotP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cute Archer Boy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Suikoden Tierkreis vs Valkyrie Profile: CotP Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am having a LOT of trouble choosing over which of these two games I should play first. I know its probably a bad idea to post this on a Suikoden forum, but I was wondering which I should buy first. I heard that VP: CotP has much more character development and a darker story, but the story itself is shorter; while Suikoden has more characters and a brighter storyline.

I guess the tipping point for me are the amount of archer development in each game. xD For example, VP has 3 very well developed archers. How many does Suikoden have? Are they good? Cute? Awesome? Developed? :3
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archers? There aren't any characters that can be classified as archers as the weapons system is not fixed this time. I'm fairly sure most of them can use bows but bows were never anything to write home about anyway.
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well developed? Are you sure you are talking about Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume? I just beat the game(with the good ending) yesterday. The path I chose only got me one of the archers, but she was far from what I would consider to be well developed. While she is with you from the beginning of the game(after the tutorial ends) to the end, she only talks during chapter 1(out of six) which consists of about 3 battles. I can basically summarize her entire charcter development from that time period in about two sentences. Almost every single character in the game is like this.

I haven't played Tierkreis yet, so I can't give you a comment on which one is better. However I don't think that I could reccomend VP:CotP in good faith for any reason other than having a mildly enjoyable battle system.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Cute Archer Boy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Suikoden Tierkreis vs Valkyrie Profile: CotP Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow that sucks how there aren't any "for sure" archers. D: Does that mean anyone could be any class?

And Ranadiel, I just got the info off of gfaqs so sorry for the wrong information!
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While Tierkreis doesn't have any for-sure archers, due to the lack of a fixed weapon system, you could just go by the weapon the character has equipped when they join you (in which case there are several archers, one of which is one of the hero's good friend and plays a strong role throughout the story). Or, there are a number of characters you can make archers, many of which are prominent and fairly well-developed.

I haven't finished Tierkries nor played VP, but I have a friend who is a ways into VP and Tierkreis and he's enjoying both pretty equally right now. I'd base your decision on the differences between the two games. If you want a darker story and strategy gameplay, go with VP. If you want a longer quest with the usual RPG exploration and battles, go with Tierkreis. It sounds like it's too close to call in terms of story, character, and archer quality.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Suikoden Tierkreis vs Valkyrie Profile: CotP Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hehe "archer quality". So cute. :3

I guess I'll start with VP then. There's a really cute archer boy named Valmur. <3 But that doesn't mean I won't be playing Suikoden after I finish VP! ^_^
valic

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Suikoden Tierkreis vs Valkyrie Profile: CotP Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i get both games first i started vp but the start of the game in my point of view was to slow , i am now playing st and i would say that it is a pretty good game ,but could be better.
Icegryphon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've heard VP isn't that great. I've also heard S:T is great. "shrug"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: