Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Does anoyne else *really* like the Suikoden openings?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haroth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Does anoyne else *really* like the Suikoden openings? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly, I've only seen the first three, but they're all so... Stunning, even despite the fact that the graphics are outdated and, mostly, everything is 3D. I left my Suikoden 2 game on, at the title screen, for a while. I came back and reveled at the great opening. The way those 2D pictures flow across the screen, the music... Does anyone else really enjoy these?

I'unno. Maybe I'm just being a nostalgic sap.

[size=120:17kvj9gq]Life is uncensored; prepare to blush.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden III's opening was amazing I thought, it was 2D but it was also practically an anime, I wish they'd do something more creative like that again in the newer releases.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really liked Suikoden 3's opening too. The music was good, the images were good... it kinda gets me all excited to go play through the game again.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I's was decent (the music was definitely the best part), but I really loved the Sega Saturn version. II's and III's are both excellent, with III's being my favorite in the series. I also really enjoyed IV's and V's too (particularly the music in both). Tierkreis' also looks pretty good, although I wish we were getting the vocalized version here in the US.

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i enjoyed all the openings from all the games. III seems to be my favorite out of all of them but IV gave it a run for its money. V and II were good and I had the best music for me
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I enjoyed the openings as well. The visual and music was very captivating in the third.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I I haven't seen I's opening so...
II was okay.
III has an excellent (to me) compilation of both music and images displayed.
IV only the music.
V same as III especially the display of all the Runes in the Suikoden world at the end (SO KOOL!). :mrgreen:
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: Does anoyne else *really* like the Suikoden openings? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For those who haven't seen them:

I's Opening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3qpuawSDNg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNP8eiRzhp8 (Sega Saturn version ~ Japan only)

II's Opening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f4eGQ9MIWM

III's Opening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JRUj7S7IqM

IV's Opening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTknpfk_YIs

V's Opening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ruQt2vEQnc

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked all the openings too!
Suikoden 4's especially.....I'd keep the game on running for awhile just to keep re-watching the opening.
I did the same with Tierkreis (vocalized) opening as well...though not as long cuz my DS' battery would die
If I had to rank em...it'd be 4, Tierkreis (vocalized vers), 2, 3, 5, Tactics, 1

--Tactics & Suiko 1's (not the Sega Saturn opening...the regular ol' one) on the bottom cuz they both had parts that made it [to me] feel more like "gameplay" vids and/or a fancy trailer rather than...an actual "opening"
--I didn't like 5's opening song as much as the ones before it.....
--2 and 3 tied for giving sense of struggle....one of the epic things that defines Suikoden series I think =)
--and 4 and 5 tie cuz of above mentioned....plus I really like the music.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Haroth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The thing that I liked about S1's intro is, despite the fact that the intro seems like a glorified video of gameplay, it really isn't. It seemed like they just used the game's engine to create cutscenes because of the lack of 3D/Anime capability. Among those scenes, I remember Odessa, Flik, and Humphrey "fighting" in a battle, Barbosa and Windy talking, and Ted, Gremio, and McDohl walking towards the peak of a mountain.

[size=120:17kvj9gq]Life is uncensored; prepare to blush.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really liked the music to Suikoden II's opening where it built to a crescendo. I actually have that music on one of my video game compilation music CDs in my car.

Suikoden III was good as well.

Location: highland royal plaza (sleeping in the bed with jilia)
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

from suikoden 1 there is no need t see the opening cause it's not a opening it's like a commercial,and for 2 good music but not very good opening,for 3 great opening ,great music and anime,for 4 great music and bad opening,and same for 5
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i love s2 s3 s4 s5
but s1
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i injoy the opening animations, when i take the time to watch it.

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: