Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What is your favourite nation? *Revamped*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So, which nation do you like the most?
Northern Outland/Nameless Lands
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Holy Harmonia
16%
 16%  [ 29 ]
Zexen
5%
 5%  [ 10 ]
Grassland
7%
 7%  [ 13 ]
Dunan
16%
 16%  [ 29 ]
Tinto Republic
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Highland
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Toran Republic
6%
 6%  [ 12 ]
Old Scarlet Moon Empire
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Island Nations
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Queendom of Falena
18%
 18%  [ 32 ]
Katana
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Gaien Dukedom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nagarea Theocracy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Zelant Kingdom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
New Armes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kooluk Empire
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 175

Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What is this "Island Nations" crap?! We are a Federation, godammit! Not a bunch of Islands counting as a nation.

Did you really think I'd vote for anything else? Would've voted for Katana if iNF wasn't there, though.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archy wrote:
Did you really think I'd vote for anything else? Would've voted for Katana if iNF wasn't there, though.

I love you.

Seems Suikoden V has done Falena wonders and all the new countries I added a while ago aren't doing too well.
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've often wondered: Was Zexen based on 17thwhatever century Holland in some way?

-They're a coastal nation that's big at trading and has a considerable fleet.
-There is an aristocracy of rich merchants who only think about money.
-The architecture somewhat resembles that of late medieval western Europe
-There's a very notable mill in Iksay.
-The national colour seems to be orange!

It could also be inspired by Germany, though, given the amount of German names for weapons of Zexen Knights but then: many Asians seem to think we speak German over here!

Any thoughts on this?
Rowler Majuka

Crimson Knights

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
122304 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Ehehehe Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For the record, i never even know about the Kooluk Empire, and i was assigned to it. Yes, i know it's a random selection, but i cant shake the feeling that my desire for Knighthood wont be satisfied in Kooluk. I've always admired the Zexen Federation, minus the Council. To me, they represent Bravery and the such, along with an almost democracy, since the Knights can overthrow the Council for the sakes of the people. One of my friends got into the Zexen, here on suikox, and has been rubbing it in my face ever since. *shrug* He said also, that even though Zexen was my favorite nation, Kooluk was cooler than Zexen. Then we yelled at each other for a while and eventually decided that the Grasslands were where we could agree. The Grasslands are awesome. XD
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: What is your favourite nation? *Revamped* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highland
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What is your favourite nation? *Revamped* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tough not to choose Toran but I went with the Zexen Federation, mostly because I love the zexen knights modeled after King Arthur and because Percival is one of my favorite character from S3 my favorite in the series. Also Chris the first and only female tenkai kicks butt

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd also have to say Zexen, the whole knights thing is rather awesome as is the culture of the place, architecture etc. Though saying that I do like Razril as well, t'was one of few parts I enjoyed playing during IV. Not sure if it became an independant nation though after the war?
Wind Rune

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mine is Toran. a very diverse place with various races and cultures
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What is your favourite nation? *Revamped* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my 2nd is Queendom of Falena
EternalLight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: What is your favourite nation? *Revamped* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="UberPendragon":1luqwf4d]Tough not to choose Toran but I went with the Zexen Federation, mostly because I love the zexen knights modeled after King Arthur and because Percival is one of my favorite character from S3 my favorite in the series. Also Chris the first and only female tenkai kicks butt
Chris was a Tenkai? I thought Thomas was? Chris was one of the first female main characters that you used in the Suikoden series but she wasn't a Tenkai, wasn't she a Tenbi Star? Please, could someone confirm this?
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="EternalLight":3304pzaw][quote="UberPendragon&quo t;:3304pzaw]Tough not to choose Toran but I went with the Zexen Federation, mostly because I love the zexen knights modeled after King Arthur and because Percival is one of my favorite character from S3 my favorite in the series. Also Chris the first and only female tenkai kicks butt
Chris was a Tenkai? I thought Thomas was? Chris was one of the first female main characters that you used in the Suikoden series but she wasn't a Tenkai, wasn't she a Tenbi Star? Please, could someone confirm this?

This is true, Thomas was the Tenkai star of Suikoden III. Chris, Geddoe and Hugo had seperate stars but could be chosen by the player to lead the army that the Tenkai usually does. They obviously decided to do something different in III.
EternalLight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: What is your favourite nation? *Revamped* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Thomas was a Tenkai because he was in charge of the castle where all the stars went. While Geddoe, Hugo, and Chris were just messenger pigeons to lead them there. It was different in that aspect because usaully its the Tenkai that does both recruiting and keeping in charge of the headquarters. Thomas did do some recruiting himself though. I thought he was fitting to be the Tenkai Star, he was young and inexperienced to war like all the others were. The only difference was he actually talked.

By the way this is off-topic but I was here back in 07 and decided to come back. I can't remember my old name sadly.. but I didn't stay long so I don't think anyone would remember me. I'm just glad to be back.
jowy220

Location: highland royal plaza (sleeping in the bed with jilia)
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i chose falena because it's a great coutry and it contains lot of ruins and a great queendom
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: