Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Some thoughts on Tierkreis' system...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Some thoughts on Tierkreis' system... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can call this a preview or a review....but they're more like my random thoughts (hence the title)

so....I was originally thinking of posting this in the "Initial Reaction in Japan" thread...but well...I'm not in Japan nor am I Japanese...am I?
[size=85:3ky6rzmr]...so I just went and made another thread (hope no one minds....?)

Anything I put in this thread will NOT be PLOT or CHARACTER-BASED spoiler...
If I think it is...I'll put it in spoiler tags....so I hope anyone who replies does the same....

So ANYHOW....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
at the creation of this thread....I'm around 33-34 hours in...(though I've been wandering around doing side-stuff and training/trying out every character I've recruited...a lot)
my Hero is level 35...
and I have 58 SoDs so far...
considering my level....I'm guessing I'm somewhere around or at the half-way point into the game and frankly...I'm hooked.

And now some non-spoiler-ish thoughts/explaining
from me about some of the specific changes in the system....

=======================================================
---The basics of the battle system is similar to Suikoden 4--but instead of S4's "line" there is a 2x3 formation grid [like Suikoden 1-3's formation grid-if you know what I mean]--that you can place your 4 battle slot characters in. --and there is one support slot that you can put a support character in.
~~(extra note: it's possible that support characters can take part in unite attacks)

--Though the lack of one-on-one duels and "strategic tactical battles" can be upsetting [mostly for nostalgic reasons] ~one-on-one regular-type battles and multi-party skirmishes replace them~ I don't think this takes too much away from the game...unless you really hate battle-systems-that-don't-change-through-the-course-of-a-game with a vengeance...

--Change in weapon system...ah yes...no more "sharpening of weapons" and having them change in name when they "level" a certain amount.....instead you need to buy new weapons and armor as you progress. But there's a tiny spin in that characters can equip different types of weapons. The Hero alone starts with a staff...but can swap to spears, swords, 2-hand swords, daggers, boomerangs, shuriken, hammers, staves, some things that I'm not sure the name of, etc....and they're in-battle sprite graphics change depending on what they have equipped as well.
Their ranges (Short-range or Long-range) change as well depending on what weapon they have equipped. This gives alot of customability (with some limits depending on the character)...for maybe you'd like to shape an originally Long-range mage-type character to be better at Short-range...and so you focus on getting them armor, weapons & accessories that boost physical-based stats over magic-based stats...etc.

-- Monsters don't drop money? Where's my "war effort income" going to come from?! ....Thankfully...they still drop everything else (potions and materials)...and yes...there are trading posts in the game. And as far as I can tell...the prices do not fluctuate like in some of the previous Suikodens, so changes in "supply and demand" do not change the set prices. You also get money from missions.

-- Mission/Job system...ah yes...I guess it's similar to Tactics (though I never really spent that much time with Tactics so I'm not sure how similar)....but there's mainly 2 kinds of missions...I call em "character-based" and "time-based"
Time-based usually involve you picking people to send out to do something and they won't return till the "time needed to do the mission" passes and they return automatically...character-based missions involve a little more work and you -the Hero- have to run around and do the "legwork" yourselves. The "legwork" varies depending on the mission.
(litte note: Even if you decide never to sign up to do missions...usually after important plot points you are granted a "mission card" anyway...which you can "trade-in" with the "job/mission-managing" character for a good amount of money...so you really shouldn't try to avoid em throughout the whole game if you have money problems...)

===================================
Er...I think that's all that comes to mind right now....

Um...I guess if anyone wants to ask anything --not specifically related to the plot-- you can ask and I (or someone else if they want) can try to answer...?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jowy220

Location: highland royal plaza (sleeping in the bed with jilia)
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

overall the game is not bad i liked it(i have finished the game)and i founded it really easy comparing to other suiko games,because i was able to get a big number of characters and not understanding a word(cause it's in japanese)and that is something well i consider it good,comparing to the recruitment of the characters in other suiko games.
for the battle system ,yeah it's like suiko4 ,and the changing weapon is really cool,it give you to choose whaterver weapom to the charcater ,and for the one-on-one battle it's similar to the ordinary battle but just one character fighting,it happens several time in the game,by all means this game is a good entrance to suiko6 (hat i hope will be very promising).
and there's one thing that i didn't like is about the final boss(i won't spoil anything about that)but there's not a lot of highlight on him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: