Suikoden Ugly and Informational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

suiko webcomic project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korgeta

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: suiko webcomic project Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First i have to say that there are many who understimate the resourcefulness of the suikoden community, or suikox for that matter. the only thing not touched are the comics and fan games. Actually i heard that there was a game project being developed, which has annoyed me a bit given my project is to setup a suikoden website dedicated to fan media and one aspect would be a suiko fighting game and webcomics. Though both of these ideas are on paper, the webcomic aspect is already in the works. Already a cover design for part of the webcomic storlines have been produced. As you can see below with the help of an artist.

In short i am considering looking for writers who can contribute a story (the website will host webcomic, games, music and fanfiction relating to the webcomic) and a script for his/her ideas for a side story to the series.

I should stress that priority is to the webcomic, all I can do is have ideas, write and fund those who put pen, brush and photoshop to help. yet i will take other ideas on board if their good enough. Any who contact me with intrest in contributing be it in tips, beta reading, script writer etc will be welcome. Am not looking for an artist just yet, i can afford one but i will be looking for another to split work hours into the comic and add a different style. I will add you to consideration and bear in mind am looking at mainly from artists from deviant art as well as artists from suikosource or suikox but i will take any into consideration if you are intrested.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Korgeta on Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jack of All Trades

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: suiko webcomic project Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Korgeta":3ttdex4h]First i have to say that there are many who understimate the resourcefulness of the suikoden community, or suikox for that matter. the only thing not touched are the comics and fan games. Actually i heard that there was a game project being developed, which has annoyed me a bit given my project is to setup a suikoden website dedicated to fan media and one aspect would be a suiko fighting game and webcomics.

What, my suikoden project is annoying you? Don't hate. We can team up if that makes you feel better. We are still in preproduction. I've halted my plot writing duties temporarily while my bilingual friend Dragonmasterx does some japanese only research for me. Eventually you can adapt some of my story to make a web comic if you like.

You can take a look at my project here:
[url=http://www.duefiumi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&a mp;t=1242//url:3ttdex4h]Project Page[/url:3ttdex4h]

I stopped updating on this forum because of the general lack of response but I'd be more than willing to cooperate with you on something. However, I find the term fan-game offensive, there is just so much failure and negative connotation associated with that word. I prefer the terms "unofficial sequel, entry, or chapter".
Korgeta

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: suiko webcomic project Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hahaha, don't take it literally, I just found the idea that someone had come up with the idea first annoyed me because i pride myself on being orignal. I actually wrote down the idea before revisiting suikox to kicks only to find a title on the site called 'game' about Suikoden Interactive Game System (SIGS) (In respect SIGS may have a hard time, I know its suikoden but there are bigger interactive RPG's like atlantica online where its almost suikoden in all but name, can a feature like SIGS be enough to be a persusaive feature for those like me to spend time on it?)

Though controversially I should add am planning at the end of the year when i have a site running that I'll run a own webring with [url:1oeownqa]http://www.salagir.com/[/url:1oeownqa] as the site will try to evolve in doing more then just suikoden, when I get good enough with my drawing skills and posses photoshop I'll be including a bit of star wars comics. If templeton wants to add the site to the main suikoden webring I wouldn't have a problem with it providing he was able to contribute to the site once its running. I reaching onto suikoden but other media as well.

I wouldn't mind working with you, realistically though it would take time to get round that corner. I am taking a second job to help maintain the speedy production of the material at the given cost.

I suppose you are right about the term I used for the other media projects 'fan games' is a somewhat negative and juvinille statement (and a 25yr old should be comming up with better terms!) the fighting game would be highly ambtious, and is something am looking into still. Simply put its a plan to see suikoden characters useable on Mugen. Its something am still looking into.

There are two big projects lined up.

First is the webcomic series based on suikoden I as you all know.

And second I want to re-create the Island Countries IFF in webcomic form that was crimson's. However am hoping to slow down on the publishing by then as I want to have a number of issues ready before the site so uploads can be updated without a long wait.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I actually wrote down the idea before revisiting suikox to kicks only to find a title on the site called 'game' about Suikoden Interactive Game System (SIGS) (In respect SIGS may have a hard time, I know its suikoden but there are bigger interactive RPG's like atlantica online where its almost suikoden in all but name, can a feature like SIGS be enough to be a persusaive feature for those like me to spend time on it?)

'SIGS' is not the offical title of the product, in fact the product has no offical title. The better nomenclature at this juncture would perhaps be "Suikox Wargame 2.0," as it is a complete rewrite from the ground up of the previous iteration of the original Suikox wargame here, which was a very successful endeavor. In this respect the fanbase for this project is already installed, and said fanbase is simply waiting for this new rewrite to be complete.

That said I wish you luck in your project--you can never have enough Suikoden sites.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Korgeta

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Calvin":1lkx61ht]
Quote:
I actually wrote down the idea before revisiting suikox to kicks only to find a title on the site called 'game' about Suikoden Interactive Game System (SIGS) (In respect SIGS may have a hard time, I know its suikoden but there are bigger interactive RPG's like atlantica online where its almost suikoden in all but name, can a feature like SIGS be enough to be a persusaive feature for those like me to spend time on it?)

'SIGS' is not the offical title of the product, in fact the product has no offical title. The better nomenclature at this juncture would perhaps be "Suikox Wargame 2.0," as it is a complete rewrite from the ground up of the previous iteration of the original Suikox wargame here, which was a very successful endeavor. In this respect the fanbase for this project is already installed, and said fanbase is simply waiting for this new rewrite to be complete.

That said I wish you luck in your project--you can never have enough Suikoden sites.

That's cleverly thought out, I am considering the idea of a suikoden website to host because the Promotion picture has recived many comments on deviant art so I may host the comics on deviantart instead. Though I did send vextor a PM if he wanted to recieve webcomics also.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

Potch
Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Korgeta your DeviantArt link doesn't work for me, it takes me to their error page.
Korgeta

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: suiko webcomic project Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I forgot to get rid of the eariler link, I deleted it after decding that Muten should host instead, he has linked the commission to my profile though. i do have his unsigned pic though.

[url:q665y3cb]http://mutenroushi.deviantart.com/art/Battle- at-sunset-114127824[/url:q665y3cb]

Though the eariler sketches I posted here if your intrested.

[url:q665y3cb]http://www.ninjaned.net/forum/index.php?s howtopic=3861&st=0[/url:q665y3cb]

and my own deviant account.

[url:q665y3cb]http://koriandr-star.deviantart.com/[/url:q66 5y3cb]

edit: I should add again if there is anyone who is intrested in being a beta reader and revising the plot just send me a PM and we'll sort it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: