Suikoden Unique and Irrational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

which one do you like better? Eresh or Euram?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Eresh or Euram
Eresh
50%
 50%  [ 39 ]
Euram
44%
 44%  [ 34 ]
Neither of them i don't like either of em
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
I thought it was one of them make um up characters?
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 77

Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose Eresh because I like having a character I can actually use, which can't be done with Euram.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like both characters equally, for different reasons. Eresh is yet another character with a strange connection to Jeane. That, and she's the only character in the game that really gives us a glimpse into the Theocracy of Nagarea (her garb is usually worn by Nagarean clerics). She is a good mage, though it's a shame that she has not one, but two runes permanently affixed. Having said that, she did make my final party during my very first playthrough. Since then, I've really become much more fond of characters that are melee/mage hybrids. Lorelai is a good example of this type.

Euram annoyed the living hell out of me early in the game, but the deeper I got into it, I started to warm to him. It was just too funny watching his antics in Sable. During my second playthrough, I picked the "chicken-hearted man" as Taylor so eloquently referred to him in an issue of The Dawn Times. Seeing Luserina happy was well worth it.

For any playing Suikoden V for the first time, I suggest saving the Eresh/Euram recruitment for last. That way, you can simply make two save files. One for an Eresh recruitment, the other for Euram. It's fun to see the result of both choices. :)
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BlackKnightYuber wrote:

For any playing Suikoden V for the first time, I suggest saving the Eresh/Euram recruitment for last. That way, you can simply make two save files. One for an Eresh recruitment, the other for Euram. It's fun to see the result of both choices. :)

I was considering doing that but figured I would be better off playing through the +Game file and getting Euram, I have got Eresh the first time through so I could get that Elusive epic in the sidequest.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Horcrux

516 Potch
12 Soldiers
16992 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Euram. I didn't particularly care for his personality beforehand, but I was glad to see that he was capable of change. For most of the game, he was a very two-dimensional character: craven, weak, spoiled, and not too strong in the morality department. (Not to mention his creepy obsession with a 10-year-old -- though Oboro's investigation of him says that he didn't really love Lym, but rather felt that marrying the future queen was the only way he could best Gizelle in any way).

It was a nice story of redemption, and it didn't feel over-done or tacked on.
natsun7gem

Natsun gem of Aronia

37113 Potch
14 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's Euram Barows. He might be a spoiled little brat at first..But later on.. he realized that he was just his father pawn and decided to join us.
And although I can't used him him in combat, and his ability in battle are not great , he deserved to be a Star of Destiny..
I'm looking for a same path, that I couldn't find in the past......

genne atreides aka natsun gem
Wind Rune

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would have to go with Euram. if for no other reason he has more story than Eresh. besides, it made Luserina happy so that is always a plus for me
EternalLight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: which one do you like better? Eresh or Euram? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went with Euram because like how everyone mostly said, he played a more fulfilling role in the story. He was one of the characters you just felt sorry for because he couldn't get what he desired no matter how hard he tried. He was also humorous at times and gave the seriousness of what was going on in the plot some leeway.

A characters abilities in battles and major war battles don't qualify if they should or shouldn't be a star of destiny, it's the characters traits that qualify and the plot of the story that gives the best decision of whether the character best fits in or not. Plus theres already lots of powerful characters to use that makes up for Euram's lack of skill in the combat field.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: