Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tenkai's Name, Do You Want To Name It Or Do You Want Konami To Name It
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you like??
I prefer naming it myself...
25%
 25%  [ 18 ]
I prefer Konami naming it...
22%
 22%  [ 16 ]
An official name that i could change freely...
48%
 48%  [ 34 ]
I'm not sure....
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 70

Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Well, technically you name the Flame Champion, in which the character you choose can take on his name.

You choose the flame champion not name them since the threee characters already have one.
Master McDohl

Toran Liberation Army

100000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would definately love to have an official name for the next Tenkai. The option to name your character should stay though. Alot of people ( like myself ) simply want to have official names relayed to them upon the release ( or pre-release period ) of the game.

That's not too much to ask is it Konami?

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be honest, since I dislike voice acting to begin with, why on earth should the Tenkai have to speak anyways? I want to be able to name him myself. Konami giving them an official name, in whatever capacity is really only useful so you can say Tir or Riou instead of just referring to them as Suikoden I hero or Suikoden II hero, but it's not like when I play those games that I use those names now. I still use the same name I gave them when I first played, and likely will do so forever. Bottom line is, being unable to name the hero in Suikoden III was a bit of a letdown for me, and it took away from the game a bit. I was quite satisfied with how they handled things in Suikoden V, and it could only be made better if they allowed voices to be muted out in cut scenes too. Heck, they show the text dialog anyways, so why not? That way the issue of naming the character isn't as big a deal, and I'm happy.

~Uguu!~
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Geddoe-9 wrote:
Quote:

Well, technically you name the Flame Champion, in which the character you choose can take on his name.

You choose the flame champion not name them since the threee characters already have one.

You did both.

Upon starting a new game you're prompted to input a name which is given to the past flame champion (Geddoe & Wyatts chum). As since the Flame Champion plays a 'special' part in the entire story, Konami at least thought to give them a name in the game and the choice of adapting that name in game once you've chosen a Flame Champ. You then choose who attains the true fire and thus the title of Flame Champion in the game. If my vivo worked without crying like a bitch I'd screen shot it for you, but alas, it is a shiela.

Anyway, I chose official name to change in game. Since Suikoden heroes are frightfully bland as far as conversation goes, a name at least makes them something more than 'generic' or simple machines only capable of 'yes.' 'no.' 'join my entourage?' 'please insert 10 more potch to continue conversation...'

Lone Wolf

303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the chance to know the name but to free change it if I want to. Like people had said it would be nice if you could hear the hero by called by his/ her name instead of boy and stuff.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I like the chance to know the name but to free change it if I want to. Like people had said it would be nice if you could hear the hero by called by his/ her name instead of boy and stuff.

Chances of this is very small since this suikoden
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer to name the character myself. Only in the first two games did I ever replay them with the generally accepted names. It allows for creativity and I can always name the character something less than nice if I don't like them. Plus, naming them something different makes my game unique.

Natsun gem of Aronia

37113 Potch
14 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the 'originality'.... 8-)
so, I'd prefer original names from konami..
I'm looking for a same path, that I couldn't find in the past......

genne atreides aka natsun gem
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Tenkai's Name, Do You Want To Name It Or Do You Want Kon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer being able to name the hero myself, but I suppose an official name that you can change wouldn't be a big deal.
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they should keep them nameable ourselves since that's what they've been doing so far. And even though it takes some time for me, I like thinking up names for stuff in Suikoden.

But Konami really should put back the random name generator from II for those who just can't come up with one themselves.

Oh and they really should come up with a nickname or a title for the hero (like Prince in V) and not leaving empty spots in the dialogue (like "your name here" in IV). That's just awkward and annoying.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
hugosdad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i hate picking a name. Every time I have to make up a name, I sit and stare at my TV for ten to thirty minutes trying to come up with a name. I have restarted games because I thought the name sounded dorky. Coming up with a name is so tough and bothering for me especially this year with Persona 3 and 4 and then Fallout 3. I think its strange if there is voice acting and the main character is referred to as "you", I more comfortable with the main character having a name and speaking voice. I like how they main character speaks in Tierkries but I think it makes the plot feel abstract when the other character do not call the main character a name.
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: Tenkai's Name, Do You Want To Name It Or Do You Want Kon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't be too fussed, ay. As long as the gameplay and story is good I am happy as larry. A name's a name.
Wind Rune

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would like to have atleast an official name by the time the game is released. its not like i don't like naming the hero. it just sucks that sometimes i have to name them "Hero". Once i found out about the novel names then i began using them. Too bad i have to see "Tchdohl" in suikoden 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: