Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Riou and Nanami's real parents.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Riou and Nanami's real parents. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there any information whatsoever about who Riou and Nanami's real parents are?

Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Riou and Nanami are not even blood related brother & sister. This had been mentioned in the game once or twice.

About their real parents, i think even in the last Suikoden there wouldn't be an answer, but who knows?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It`d be nice to know more about them(or know anything about them, really), but I doubt we ever will.

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt we will ever know.
Its just not that important.
Besides, their stories have ended in Suikoden 2.
With so many wars going on in the Suikoden world, orphans are not really that uncommon anyway.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know we might find out that they are some kind of a royalty from far away land that been concurred by an evil empire (imagine that). Genkaku the hero saves the children of his gone friend by telling the people that they are orphans of war and train them until they can go and reclaim the throne, but too bad he died :cry: before he could reveal this secret to Riou and Nanami. (good one) :wink:

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know Riou was an orphen but Nanami was an orphen too?
o.o I always thought Gankaku and Nanami were blood relatives....

then again, now that I think about it...Genkaku and Nanami being blood relatives would sort of be odd......

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Yumi

Mysics of the Forlorn

0 Potch
170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I know Riou was an orphen but Nanami was an orphen too?
o.o I always thought Gankaku and Nanami were blood relatives....

Nope. They specifically say that Nanami was also adopted several times throughout the game.
Sierra's sister

Night Wanderer

202901 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some people said that there's possibilities that Riou is Tir's brother, which meant Teo McDohl is his father. Their hair cut looks similar, aren't they? Again, I'm not so sure...some people write stories that they are brothers, though.

"H-huh? What? I got too many karma???"
-Sierra's sister usual idle banter
Sealot

56962 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The way how Nanami sees herself as a big sister makes me believe they are indeed from the same family originally. Oh btw this topic is 4 years old ^^
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sealot wrote:
The way how Nanami sees herself as a big sister makes me believe they are indeed from the same family originally. Oh btw this topic is 4 years old ^^

I thought one of the points of the game was they were like an actual family even though they weren't related. Take that in contrast to Jowy's family who were blood related to each other in certain ways and had a very difficult relationship. I don't think the fact that Nanami loves and protects Riou is a sign they are actually blood related, it is a trait brought on by upbringing.
Island dweller

Archane watchmen

60038 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Meh 4 years old? Then its time for a comeback. I have to say i hadnt even considered Nanami and Riou to be from differant families, i thought it made sense for them to be blood relatives but who knows, its entirely possible that Genkaku took Nanami in first, then Riou, which, dispite age, would give Nanami the feeling of being the older sibling.

I could easily imagine her showing Riou the ropes of Genkaku's place, looking out for him in the town since he was the new kid that sort of thing.
SoulEaterRune_Tir

The True Runes

200579 Potch
68 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm just tossing in guesses but it might be possible that Riou OR Nanami's parents might have been long gone.There are some possibilities that they might be still alive still living in Kyaro,still can't pick up enough courage to tell Riou OR Nanami.Also(RANDOM COMMENT JUST CAME TO MY MIND),why does the Innkeeper at Kyaro know Riou that well...I mean...I don't think Riou would go to an inn alot....If I guess just a little bit more,maybe Riou and Nanami ARE blood-related,as in,there IS a chance that Riou came in after Nanami was already adopted.Maybe Genkaku didn't want to tell them that their parents were the same.Still,I still find this the thing that keeps bugging me when I think of Suikoden II.
natsun7gem

Natsun gem of Aronia

37113 Potch
14 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SoulEaterRune_Tir wrote:
I'm just tossing in guesses but it might be possible that Riou OR Nanami's parents might have been long gone.There are some possibilities that they might be still alive still living in Kyaro,still can't pick up enough courage to tell Riou OR Nanami.Also(RANDOM COMMENT JUST CAME TO MY MIND),why does the Innkeeper at Kyaro know Riou that well...I mean...I don't think Riou would go to an inn alot....If I guess just a little bit more,maybe Riou and Nanami ARE blood-related,as in,there IS a chance that Riou came in after Nanami was already adopted.Maybe Genkaku didn't want to tell them that their parents were the same.Still,I still find this the thing that keeps bugging me when I think of Suikoden II.

mm....probably...
beside, they're really looked like siblings. And if it's not..well..i dunno..
How about Riou and Tir?? If you speak with Koh in banner village, he said something about Riou and Tir similarity(thair faces). Are they related? :?
I'm looking for a same path, that I couldn't find in the past......

genne atreides aka natsun gem
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well there not related by blood ofcourse, they are more like related because they were heroes of the war. In suikoden 3 Luc would say the same thing to hugo....

And if you have not noticed it yet, why not look at every tenki eyes...there pretty similar and add hugo to the list as well.
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Riou and Nanami's real parents. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say Riou and Tir are definitely not related. I know in later suikodens like Suikoden 4 & 5 they make a big deal about heritage and relationships. Like Lazlo being Lino's son and Ferid being Skald's but I don't think they did anything like that at all with Riou or with Nanami. Then entire point of the game was that even though there was no blood relation between them Genkaku, Nanami, Riou and even Jowy were all family. They were more of a family to Jowy then his own blood family. They say it directly in the game, Nanami says "Even though we weren't related by blood, we really were a family weren't we?" Or something very close to that effect.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: