Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who Would Of Made The Better Queen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Would of Made The Better Queen?
Arstaht
65%
 65%  [ 21 ]
Sialeeds
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Haswar
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 32

Drago

Unknown Warriors of Kooluk

500 Potch
2 Soldiers
13571 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say Arshtaht would still make the best queen my reasons behind this is that Sialeeds is to carefree and i personally think she might've even abused her power as queen, while arshtaht on the other hand was a good queen besides the fact that she was being taken over by the Sun rune, i think the Sun rune would have had a quicker effect on Sialeeds
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's Arshtat for me. I really think that she is the best suited out of the three. She had the combination of a powerful queen, a good personality, great leadership capabilities and everything else which would make for a good queen.

While Sialeeds might be a good candidate for queen as well, I honestly don't think she'd do well once she gets the position. She easily gets carried away by her emotions, and she is rather impulsive at times as shown by her actions in Suikoden V. I think that would lead her to her downfall if she were the queen of Falena.

As for Haswar, I don't think the Queendom would survive long in her reign. She's far too nice for her own good. She'd best remain as Oracle of Lunas rather than become queen.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always wondered if Sialeed's impulsive nature during the game was really for real or her just pretending to be to keep up appearances.

Bloody Mage

567 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Arshtat is the best among those three. She have the ability to control other. I don't say about hypnotize but she have the charisma of a queen.
Sialeed? She have it too but i don't think become queen suit her.
Hazwar.... to much thinking. A queen must smart enough and act as fast as possible. Hazwar is smart but for the action, i think she isn't.
Island dweller

Archane watchmen

60038 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the evidence is clear, each of the potentail rulers has her own unique quality, and history speaks for itself. Arshtat was smart. strong and wise, tjis is what a country needs to lead it! Sialeeds way of thinking is flawed in terms of being able to lead a country, she seems to be unable to playt thingsd cool, her method of doing thingsd while possibly had the right outcome, was not approached oin the right way, betrayal is betrayal no matter how it is sugar coated and a traitor cant run a country honestly. Haswar is a great character, but seems a bit to "dances with fairies" kinda person to me, very gentle and sweetl, and wgile she would be excelent in terms of compassion to the people, i think her sweetness may end up with a few lapses of judgment and poor decisions based on the sake of a few people.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Arshtat is more suitable for being the Queen, mainly based on the attitude all 3 portrayed. Even with the terrible wars before, Arshtat has been doing a good job in taking care of her kingdom. When there are personal problems, she places them aside, and thinks of what would be the most fair in dealing with them. Or at least when she is not controlled by the Sun Rune. I find Arshtat calm in dealing with affairs, and doesn't let her personal feelings get the better of her. She does come up with plans herself, but in ways that actually seem innocent.
Sialeeds I find better working behind the scenes, like a shadow Queen. I find Sialeeds protective of Arshtat, and would be able to get away with more her cunning ways more.

Natsun gem of Aronia

37113 Potch
14 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for.... Sialeeds. Why?
I'm not sure... I just think she could be a great queen just like Arshtat, and maybe beyond her... Who knows?
I'm looking for a same path, that I couldn't find in the past......

genne atreides aka natsun gem
c4123n

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I definitely go for Sialeeds!!!
I think Sialeeds is a great politician, maybe better than Arshtat (she's good, but, yeah...). I though SIaleeds might won't bear the sun rune and let the rune drive her mad... ANd even if she doesn't bear the sun rune, sialeeds should have been able to persuade the Godwin Faction from 'using' the sun rune. Well, I have always wished that SIaleeds was queen so that she could marry Gizel... but if that's so, there won't be a suikoden 5 (there might be, but different story)
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think it's fair to say Sialeeds is better with politics, considering we don't get to see much of Arshtat's politicking at all. Furthermore, Sialeeds is an alcoholic and comes off as too emotional and spontaneous to be a careful enough Queen. I think Arshtat made the best Queen. She knew how to maneuver politically without offending or making enemies of the nobility, and she knew how to be an effective yet also kind and loving ruler (minus the incidents caused by the Sun Rune).

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Who Would Of Made The Better Queen? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

100% Arshtat, Sialeeds has great political prowess at the time of Suikoden 5, but when the decision of who would take the throne took place she was young immature and probably would have married Gizel Godwin (assuming Ferid never fought in the Sacred games because he loved Arshtat and not Sialeeds and assuming Gizel's fighter won the games both safe assumptions). While Gizel probably wouldn't have been evil he would have been soft and a poor leader of the Queens Knights and most likely his father's puppet. I think all this would have led to the downfall of the Queendom. It had to be Arshtat and Ferid.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Who Would Of Made The Better Queen? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arstaht probably would make the best queen
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Who Would Of Made The Better Queen? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="UberPendragon":1tmvsab5]While Gizel probably wouldn't have been evil he would have been soft and a poor leader of the Queens Knights and most likely his father's puppet. I think all this would have led to the downfall of the Queendom.

I never got the impression that Gizel was weak-willed or soft. On the contrary, I got the idea that he didn't have the same feelings his father did about the nation, and that he had his own agenda (mostly regarding Sialeeds).

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: Who Would Of Made The Better Queen? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="poorguy171":eqe8kd3k]

I never got the impression that Gizel was weak-willed or soft. On the contrary, I got the idea that he didn't have the same feelings his father did about the nation, and that he had his own agenda (mostly regarding Sialeeds).

During Suikoden 5 Gizel isn't softor weak-willed, his agend though is driven by earlier events. In game they talk about how Sialeeds and Gizel were engaged but it was called off because Arshtat felt (And Sialeeds and Haswar agreed) that only Arshtat should wed so that there wouldn't be another war over the throne. One lineage From Arshtat and Ferid down, that way no cousins could fight for the throne. This is why Sialeeds and Gizel break up causing him to spiral into the character we see in game. Also Sialeeds points out several times how much Gizel has changed and I believe talks about how they were just two young kids in love. By that thinking if Sialeeds and Gizel became the Queen and Captain I believe Gizel would have been more of a figure head attending to Sialeeds while his father pulled strings from the shadows. I have no doubt his father played a large part in the man Gizel becomes, even in game he is acting more like a teacher then a parent trying to teach him how to more "effectively" scheme. Also I think Sialeeds was changed by the break-up and by Gizel coming back into her life leading to her strength and conviction. Ferid was a warrior, Gizel was a Nobel I think Ferid is infinitely more capable of Commanding the Queens Knights the Gizel ever could have been. Also I think the Armes invasion would have been mishandled with "Godwin" Ideals had Gizel been in Charge.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: