Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A New Nation System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Vextor":1h69hfm4]Find a cure for my illness or an alternative to chemotherapy, and maybe I'll consider.

Seems fair, are you up to that donutbandit? :wink:
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He's just a troll. No need to take anything someone who's made two posts in a year seriously, especially when he's putting down members who have spent years making this site into the community it is. He just doesn't really know what he's talking about.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That may be, but in the right light it's highly amusing he's even trying.

It's also another thing to consider that people came to the site were rather young when they first signed up. I was in my final year of highschool when I joined back in 2004, and I know Tonberry was only 13 or something when he did. And now most are getting ready to graduate highschool themselves, or are in their first or second year of college. While those of us who are older are well into our lives either with new children, new jobs, new.. alot of things. While alot of us had alot of time on their hands, time has become alot more precious though I only know of a very few I'm friends with who doesn't visit the at least once a week.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, if we could put the distractions behind us and get back to the topic at hand, that'd be nice.

I think a war system at another site is a good idea, but like I think Elc said, it takes time to create and to put one out rushing it just to appease the people will result in failure. I was involved at FFP heavily trying to get that up and running and I feel the failure of it wasn't the lack of interest, but the lack of solid leadership. The admins there bickered too much about things that were pretty trivial. But talking about that is irrelevant.

So, if there is a new site to be developed, I'd be more than happy to join and be an active member. I'd help in whatever way I could.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, to make stuff like this work you really need one person who has the final say on everything, or have one person develop everything initially. It's a "too many chefs on one pot" deal. Having too many people with equal say in a project is always a bad idea, especially if many of those people don't have any actual development skills (such as how to program PHP).

Because of my experience in other sites, I developed Suikox pretty much on my own. The old war system was almost entirely my own creation, although I did incorporate many of the suggestions made by members. However, like the whole sub-prime mortgage deal, things that get too big without the capacity to support the thing results in a collapse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: