Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden VI: Mini-Games?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, not really a new idea, or an idea for a mini game, but rather for the rewards. I'd like them to bring it back to where you can win ability stones like you could with the cliff climbing game in Suikoden II. It's not like it was super easy to get them either. Getting first place was simple, losing was simple, but getting second place was a lot more difficult than you'd think, so it's not like you could just get 100 stones of power in an hour's time. I remember I spent an entire day just playing that trying to make Riou the ultimate power attacker and Eilie the ultimate magician.

And, like everyone else, I wanna see the return of the cooking contest. Suikoden Iron Chef was a great idea and I'm not sure why they've never brought it back. Certainly they've had to have heard that people thought it was fun.

Still, I'd rather they don't try to get too cute and fancy with them. There's no need to make them something you HAVE to play to get your best armors or weapon levels. It's not to say you can't make it so they don't have some really great stuff, the Taikokyu Gear (or whatever it was) that you got from the rope game in Suikoden II was some of the best armor you could have for a good while in the game. You could get by without it because there was better stuff near the end, but it would just be a good idea to have gotten it. Making it so you can't get your level 16 weapon unless you played the mini game just doesn't seem like something I'd want.

~Uguu!~
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about Character tournaments?

Its a fun idea for me to see characters go against one another to see the ultimate victor.
Tournament can happen 1 on 1(Duel), Party, or War practice(like the Suikoden IV mini game except that you can pit your characters against one another).

well the war practice is a good idea to prepare for war battles.

8-) 8-) 8-)

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
phoenixflame

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would love to see the return of the cooking contest, it was a nice little break that always amused me, especially some of the comments about the judges at the start :D

I would like to have a duel mini game, be nice to pit my characters against each other ;) Also wouldn't mind seeing the fishing game return, nt the one from IV though, *shudders* I hated that one, lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scar

Scar's Scourge

24083 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The cooking game (S2) NEEDS to come back.
DarkCalibur

46980 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cook-off .....yea you know you loved it(more recipes)
Theater..... i demand more scripts
Fishing.....it was fun
Chichorin.... the best way to make quick-money

New

well what about an alchemist for a SoD
then we can help her/him/it with experiments
Buzzed_Jedi

6906 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Cook-Off
The Rope Climbing one
Tai Ho's dice game
Subala's fishing game
One on One Duels with your SoD's

Take-out:
LInfa's game
Egbert's game
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wish there was some kind of a hub room for all the minigames, so that you wouldn't have to run all over the castle to play them all every time.

Also, more action-oriented minigames.
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
How about Character tournaments?

Its a fun idea for me to see characters go against one another to see the ultimate victor.
Tournament can happen 1 on 1(Duel), Party, or War practice(like the Suikoden IV mini game except that you can pit your characters against one another).

well the war practice is a good idea to prepare for war battles

i love this idea

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Suikoden VI: Mini-Games? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that Dragon Quest X has been confirmed for Wii, I think there is an even better chance that Konami will follow suit with Suikoden. And just a few days ago, I was thinking how the minigame aspect of Suikoden would really benefit from being on the Wii in bringing new kinds of minigames into the selection. With the Wiimote, Konami could include more action-oriented minigames, maybe even something like a sword duel that wouldn't be quite like the normal duel battles but in real time, and maybe even a Suikoden music minigame with the musicians?? These could be nice refresher along the normal gameplay and the bigger quest. I thought that the board games of Suikoden V weren't very exciting and the best minigames were the more action-oriented stuff like fishing contest and dragonhorse racing, which provided a nice change of pace from the main game. Konami seems intent to try new kinds of minigames in each game, and the Wii would give them a lot of opportunities for that too besides the main game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: