Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Brady out for good?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Brady out for good? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No idea how reliable it is, but on NESN (New England Sports Network) earlier they were discussing how Tom Brady's career may be done for good. Apparently after several surgeries and replacing the ALS with a tendon from his hip, it's become infected to the point where it may need to be removed and replaced with donor tendon. However they've been unsuccessful stemming the infection so far, and it it continues on much longer it'll move into the bone itself effectively killing any chance of a return.

Personally I'm hoping they're blowing this way out of proportion, and I don't typically watch the news type broadcasts on it so I don't know if they're known for doing that or not. But it'd be a real shame if it ended now. Though I doubt he'll be as good as he once was, I'm 1000% sure he still has alot to offer.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hadn't heard that his injury might prove to be career ending - but I had heard that the infection from the surgery has gotten crazy, and that he's looking at months before he can even start to rehabilitate from the original hit.

I suppose it wouldn't be much of a stretch from that to a donor tendon, and from there, to a career ending injury. It's sad to see things like this happen to any player in any sport, especially to someone who has the incredible talent of Tom Brady.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's hoping it's being exaggerated. No matter what your opinion of the Patriots is, it would be a shame to see a player like him out of the game way before his time is up.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hate the Patriots, Tom Brady, and everything they stand for.

That said, I wouldn't wish this on anybody. You never want to see a player get a serious injury like this, much less a career threatening injury. I hope the reports end up being false.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Nines

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well... I guess I'll just say that Karma's a bitch, but Belichick is the one who's supposed to be paying for it.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think news of his impending crippledom is a tad overblown. The worst that could happen even with the not oh-so successful surgery on his knee would be Brady not being available for preseason next year. I think this whole thing may actually spur the Pats, Belichik and Brady to go back to winning games the way they did before Moss arrived and thats through ball-control. I don't see Brady coming back to throw 50 TDs and close to 5000 yards again, but this injury may have a silver-lining to it in that it wakes the whole coaching staff once again to retooling the team offense and defense to what Brady can do and not what he has done.

I mean even with the loss to Indy last night I still think the Pats are doing better than expected. This is a team who lost their best player in the first game and yet are only one game behind the top AFC East spot. If they make the playoffs then Belichik has done so with a defense that's on the verge of being re-made in the off-season (too many old linebackers but Jerod Mayo was just as advertised...meaning he's this year's Patrick Willis) and an offense with no premiere runningback, an offensive line that still hasn't recovered from last year's Super Bowl and a QB who practically is a rookie in the league. If they don't make the playoffs then the Pats get a top 10-15 pick in the upcoming draft that could easily turn into 3 Day One picks.

Brady won't be the same but this injury could help him in the long-run if he comes back healthy. It stops the wear and tear of being pounded on by passrushers for a whole year or more. He'll return to a team itching to prove that they're still the elite team in the league and with a chip on its shoulders from all the doubters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: