Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best Suikoden Game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Suikoden Game
12%
 12%  [ 14 ]
69%
 69%  [ 76 ]
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
I can't choose
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 109

SuikodenMistress

1782 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since I only own & played 3-5...

I say my favorite is: 3 & 5

4 is definitely the worst one for the PS2...

Natsun gem of Aronia

37113 Potch
14 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First of all I LOVE ALL Suikoden series...
but if I'm going to pick the best, then I'll choose (of course) Suikoden 2..
every-single-thing in 2, it's a REAL Suikoden thingy.

-2nd is Suikoden 1
I didn't care about the graphic, or how old and ancient this game would
be..suikoden 1 deserved to be the Runner up..

-3rd is Suikoden 3
-4th is Suikoden 5
-5th is Suikoden 4
-6th is Suikoden Tactics
And since I'd never played Suikogaiden 1 and 2, i'm not add it to the list....
I'm looking for a same path, that I couldn't find in the past......

genne atreides aka natsun gem
EternalDusk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hard to choose :unsure:
2 was great but 3 was better story wise the gameplay was just a major turn-off 5 had the best and the hardest to recruit 108
haven't played 4 and 1 though :cry:
mike_cs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Best Suikoden Game? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

of course suikoden 2... it's story and gaming is good and fun...
Wind Rune

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tough choice but i'm going for the first one. not the best in every thing but it has a great feel for me without getting tedious at times. i would have said 2 but the whole Clive time limit and the running around like an idiot to recruit Hix and Tengaar got on my nerves a bit. especially since either Hix was blind or he was ditsier than Viki
jowy220

Location: highland royal plaza (sleeping in the bed with jilia)
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i will go with suikoden 2 ,best story ,best character(not all of them ,and we can find good characters in other suikoden,but by all suikoden 2 is best),and my best character is jowy who is in suiko 2 so it 's the best,second come suiko 3 then 5 and tierkries (i have played it recently)and then 4 and for tactics haven't played it yet
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eventhough everyone's favourite is 2 (mine as well)
I'd vote for 3 and 4 actually (:
Sure Suikoden 4 had kinda like bad graphics and all but like to me the story is pretty good as it links to Suikoden Tactics as well and all that!
Plus, Rune of Punishment and Lazlo is soooooo cool! (to me) :D
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Suikoden Game? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

for me it s2 and next is s5
Leon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I enjoyed s5 the most, so it got my voted. But I love all of the suikoden games so much...
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Best Suikoden Game? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love all of the suikoden games 2
Travito

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Best Suikoden Game? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to go with Suikoden 2 hands down, it was at it's best in the franchise, and i'm currently playing tierkreis and am very pleasently surprised at the quality in a handheld. it would be number three behind the first one.
Icegryphon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 2 is the best, hands down. Beyond that it gets gray. 1, 3 and 5 are all spectacular. I'd have to say 5 and 1 are basically the same (in terms of goodness) and 3 is slightly behind those two (VERY slightly behind) and i haven't finished 4 but it seems behind 3 by a decent margin.
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

suikoden III cause it had the best war. zexens vs. grasslands vs. harmonia vs. destroyers. hey hey, I saw a suikoden III manga at www.mangafox.com haha it ranked 4600th so please support it
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know everyone's a suiko 2 fanboy but I have the most love for Suikoden 3. The tri-story storytelling method is the most effective I've seen in a suikoden game of conveying the real messages of suikoden, that bad guy isn't always purely bad, that there's always a reason why they're doing terrible things and your enemy might be just as right as you are. Suikoden 2 came close by making Jowy such an identifiable character but S3 broke the mold, you played as both sides of the conflict even when the true enemies became apparent you got to play as them given certain requirements were met.

Also the battle system in S3 was innovative, it wasn't the same boring 2 rows of 3 you had actual battle formations and had to take actual strategy into account while fighting. I know the biggest dig I hear about S3 is how everyone hated the battle system mainly the area of effect spells like fire attacks hitting all of your characters that were close to the enemy, but I thought this added a level of realism not present in any other suikoden game. I always enjoyed fighting with Geddoe's team because it was a solid mix. I paired Gedoe and Aila, Joker and Jacques and Ace and Queen. First round I would cast my magic with Joker and Geddoe which left my long range units to attack and I would defend with Ace and Queen. Second round the spells hit and then I attacked with my melee units for cleanup. Tell me one other suikoden game where your battle strategy was that involved let alone that involved from the getgo. Also S3's formation system allowed Tank units to truly be useful. In other installments you have SoD's like Humphrey ultimate Tank units but you put them in a front row with other units and short of attaching a firefly rune there's no way to make sure that they take the brunt of the enemies damage. S3 you put Cecile in the front position in the right formation and sit back casting magic and long range attacks and even Thomas' become invincible.

Bottom line S3 thought outside the box and the game was fun and engaging. The characters were memorable and the storyline solid. I think it's hands down the best Suikoden in the series.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Archpark

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While I knew that Suikoden 2 would win this poll, and by and large it's hard for me to disagree primarily because it's basically flawless and has the cooking sidequest... I still went with Suikoden 3, the full circle conclusion with Luc, the thorough telling of the regional war, being able to see the Harmonian army in 3D was really exciting. All around amazing game, more flawed than 2, but I like it slightly better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: