Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Harvest Moon: Tree of Peace (for the Wii)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ikano wrote:
CRY IN PAIN AGAIN!

For it looks like both games have been pushed back once again......This time to August 26th

You know what....at this point all my hope is pretty much gone for either game coming out before summer is over :cry:

Are you serious?! That's bullshit! YARGH! How hard is it to localize a friggin' game?!

I so agree with you, Oppy. I think it would also be appreciated by some of the girl gamers, especially if they're into yaoi. ;)

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they still don't even accept the girl x girl notion...let alone a boy x boy one.......

The last game....Harvest Moon DS Cute (girl version of Harvest Moon DS basically) The original had a "best friend system" where the main character (who's female) could technically "woo"/ "propose"/ "marry" any of the special girls in the game and down the line could still get a kid even (through some event-I forget the details).

From what I understand the "best friend system" was taken out of the American version...or rather dumbed down so they're unproposable to again

Perfect opportunity right there...it was in the original but was thrown out by the localizers.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ikano wrote:

Perfect opportunity right there...it was in the original but was thrown out by the localizers.

Oh that makes me so mad. Localization has no business in censorship I say. They're just there to translate and to make cultural references fit a new climate, not to take out features their small minds don't agree with. Hmph.

It's not like they're forcing you to have a same sex "friend", it's just an option.

But I think that's cute about getting the kid, maybe he was abandoned and you and your "friend" find him at the side of the road and take him in. A creative solution!

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just another release date update....

As of like...now....Tree of Tranquility's release date has, yet again been pushed back to September 16
(Man....I sooooo totally called that....but still...DAMNIT I wanted to be wrong)

Island of Happiness is still set to be released on August 26th....but we'll see....

D= Annoyed I certainly am...
....these games better be bug-free......

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FYI: Tree of Tranquility is set to come out today

I figure this close to the most recently announced release date there's no way the release date would be pushed back alot (unless the same drama that happaned to IoH's shipment happens to ToT as well Dx)
.....but I wonder if Gamestops will still get the cow plushie as the site no longer mentioned the bonus since 2 weeks ago or so......... :?

And I'm not really one to read up on too much spoilers/gameplay features of a game I'm definitely getting anyhow but............

Ability to raise ostriches?? IIIIIIInnnnnntteeeerrrrrresttttinnnngggg.....

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just picked up the game today and got a chance to try it for about two hours or so

I dunno if anyone cares/reads this thread anymore....but I'll just jot down some of my original thoughts/reactions on it...then I'll stop talking to myself <_<;

Good:
  • I think shipping stuff is simpler. You click the shipping bin and another menu appears on the screen and you can select what you want. No more holding stuff (or batches of stuff) and tossing them into the bin one at a time.
  • Shaking the wiimote is not necessary to use tools/etc. You can still just hit the A button to use a tool.

Not so Good:
  • The camera is A HUGE PAIN IN THE- It's set at a specific angle most of the time and flips on you if you try to walk into a corner, etc...otherwise you can't rotate the camera 360 degrees like previous console-based Harvest Moon games. It does like you kind of let your character stand still and makes the screen go around the area of where your character is standing---but it seems as useless as the way I described it.
  • The time continues to run even when you're in buildings! ((NOooooooooo!!!!)) The only place I've noticed the time does actually stop is in your own house.

Questionable (aka could be good or bad...):
  • The game forces you through a somewhat long tutorial in the beginning of the game. Good for beginners but it may be a tedious chore for experts or people replaying(?). On the upside, the game stops the time for most of it.
  • Crop seeds spread out in a single 6-plot LINE. Yes. A LINE. No more 3x3 crop squares.
  • According to the manual...minerals mined from the mine have to be refined by a certain character first before being able to be used to upgrade tools. ---Sounds like an annoying extra step if you ask me....
  • The map in the game is kind of...IFFY...you can use it to see characters you've met...but only on the section of the 'city' that you're in (. You can also see what buildings are in that certain area...however when you look at the map of the whole 'city' you don't see any of that.

Well that's all I could think of...with as much as I've got a chance to play of it...of course I've kept up with mostly all the Harvest Moon games of recent so I might not have mentioned something that was carried over from say Island of Happiness or something if you mean.

Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still read it!

I was wondering how these games would turn out. I read a few Island of Happiness reviews and none of them were even near glowing so I was hoping the one for the Wii would fare better.

The line crop thing doesn't sound too bad. A lot of crops are actually grown like that. In the other games, you would have to waste two rows or more to make your crops come out in lines instead of squares. The time thing is a big change though. The fact that time stopped inside houses saved a lot of time. Maybe time passes by more slow in this one though?

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I heard it's in 4:3 resolution and only 430i. That's too bad. Looks like they are slacking off a bit.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I rather liked the crop squares though! =O but I guess crop lines make more sense.....

Darko wrote:
Maybe time passes by more slow in this one though?
Well....comparing the rate time passes in ToT compared to IoH time DOES go much slower than IoH..........however that's kind of a unbalanced judgement as IoH's rate time passes was made quicker on purpose ....
.....but I can't quite tell yet if ToT's time rate is faster or slower than other HM games......*hasn't played it long enough to tell yet*

The whole town/place is so big though it'll always feel like there's not enough time......in IoH even though the time was fast I could still visit almost every area on the island and talk to every single person within the day...I haven't been able to do that in ToT
....and I hear not everyone has "moved in yet" either o.o
((oh yeah...not to mention they walk around in real-time...like in Wonderful Life))

-----------
I don't know what you mean by the resolution thing....but the graphics are pretty good in my opinion.....not gorgeous CG-movie-like graphic stuff...but y'know...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: