Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Characters you thought you'd never use...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BlackKnightYuber wrote:
Even Watari's Suikoden III artwork has him reaching for the sword over his shoulder, and yet he never uses it in the game.

Just a mini correction. Watari does use the katana/sword in the game, but he only uses it when he counters.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aurelien wrote:
BlackKnightYuber wrote:
Even Watari's Suikoden III artwork has him reaching for the sword over his shoulder, and yet he never uses it in the game.

Just a mini correction. Watari does use the katana/sword in the game, but he only uses it when he counters.

You know, you're right. I had completely forgotten about that. It's been way too long since I last played Suikoden III. Consider that one of my goals in the near future. He really should have used that katana as his primary weapon, though. TruePerception's idea of being able to switch out weapons is a good one, in my opinion, and would bring something fresh to the series. My only hope is, if Konami decides to give certain characters more than one weapon, that I don't have to spend double the potch at the blacksmith's to level up both. It's expensive enough to get one weapon to level 16, let alone two! ;)
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Similarly Ayame has a claw on her hand which (theoretically) she uses to counter. The only time I've actually seen either her or Watari counter is in the duel between the two of them. I've purposely put Ayame out there in the line of fire to try and get counters, she evades all the time but never does a counter attack, it's quite annoying since her counter skill is "S".

Chacos Regiment

45276 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Never thought I'd use: Kai, from the original Suikoden. Weird-looking Hulk Hogan-esque "skullet", and essentially the exact same character as Tir McDohl. Of course, that made me curious as to whether or not the 2 characters had a unite attack. Boy, am I glad I chose to investigate. Kai proved to be so effective, the balding stick-master stayed in my party until the very end.

Sadly dissapointed by: Mitsuba, from Suikoden IV. Great-looking character model with a cool weapon to boot. So what happens? Her accuracy was so uber-poor, she simply stopped being very much fun for me to use. I basically used her from her recruitment in Na-Nal to the Nest of Pirates, and that was about it for the remainder of the game.

I had the same experence with Kai, he is awesome! I did swap him out eventually but I kept him around a great portion of the begining of the game. AND I had the same poor accuracy experence with Mitsuba as well she was slightly better in Tactics because I could change her element which helped a lot.

Actually Sid and Killey both proved to be very useful to me, and I never liked either of them (I like Killey a lot now because of Suikoden 5) I still dont use Sid much cuz there are better ones but Killey is often in my party.

1881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I was really surprised when I went to play through Luc's POV at how weak the party was, well nto weak more not as powerful as I expected I guess.

The True Runes

200579 Potch
68 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BIGGEST SURPRISE:ReMiFa(or any other elf),they can't dish out amazing damage,but they can take a huge punch from a boss where other characters take 100 damage,and only take 5-10.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT:Freed Y,looking at his attitude towards Granmayer was great,I thought he was a great warrior.But then came the fight,he was sucky beyond my wildest dreams......

MOST SURPRISINGLY HELPFUL UNITE:Loyal Dog ATK,it makes Kinnison not suck as bad as I thought.It allows Shiro to clear a column quite quick.
chaco

Chacos Regiment

45276 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Kinnison was really, I mean I always have a soft spot for Archers and then I let him in my party and he was like...SUCK. Shiro was good though so at least something good came from getting him.

MOST SURPRISINGLY HELPFUL UNITE: Loyal Dog as mentioned above and I also found the Family Attack was very helpful, I mean Nanami forces her way into your party so many times so it's nice to have a unite with her.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: The dogs in Suikoden 3, the female one can use a bloody Pale Gate Rune!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: