Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

WAR Approaches.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

DoK isn't half bad. I normally hate combined melee/healers since the targeting system is a nightmare, but that's not really the case here, since you can have one friendly target and one enemy target at the same time.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also like the fact that they were able to create the DoK as a hybrid melee/healer and do it in a way that makes sense in terms of Warhammer lore. I mean Dark Elfs are not known for helping and healing even their own. By making their healing and support spells a bonus consequence of having butchered their opponents in close-combat fits in well with the race. :)

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed it does. However, I've been focusing more on my Marauder these days. Which is great and all but... I'm always dead last in any battlegrounds, and it makes me feel like shit (though public quests I do fairly well in). Are there some essentials to PvP that I'm missing out on?

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong or if other player son the Order side of things are just tying you up from causing too much damage on too many people. The Marauder is quite the beast if left unchecked during scenarios and RvR's but I've seen two players (a tank and healer team) keep a Marauder busy while a Bright Wizard just nuked him while he was distracted.

I've noticed that people playing Destruction have a tendency to go at it alone during PvPs since they really can dish out more damage, but also have a tendency to get killed faster since they don't wait for support. I say if you're going to stick as Marauder and you're in scenarios go after the range dps and support players on the Order side. A Marauder can kill them easy enough if they catch them unawares and they can handle enough damage from these rangers and support players while closing the distance.

Remember, in scenarios and RvR's its not the amount of kills that just determines a player's score prior to the dice roll. Total damage dealt is another factor. Try and balance the two. Killing a couple of squishies while helping take down a tank is a good way to get your score up a bit instead of just always going for kills. The problem with always going for kills is that you may not be the only one who has damaged that player opponent. So, you might have been the one to kill that particular Witch Hunter, but only caused 10 percent damage on it with others in your mob doing the other 90 percent.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I indeed do die quite a bit, and I suspect it is indeed because I try to go it alone too much. I was kinda hoping that there was a common mistake people were making that I needed to overcome. Ah well.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, there's really no way a person can solo scenarios and RvR's without some help from others and not die a lot. Oh, you'll come across other solo players on the Order side and you'll probably kill them easily but once you come across a team of Order players who know how to support each other you can be several levels higher than them and still lose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: