Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Tierkreis scans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The hero definitely looks better with the added armour and the headband.

And I'm gonna agree that none of the characters look like Kyle.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Am I the only one who thought of Chrono Cross when I heard about the "alternate dimensions?" One dimension could be as if they lost against the One King, yet the other is as if it never happened. Somewhat like how in Chrono Cross, Serge survived some accident in the Home World, yet he died in Another World.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope. After I heard the term "parallel worlds" and then saw the two different Marica's, I had the same idea. The parallel universe idea pervades a lot of other media, so I doubt there's anything Konami can do with the idea that has not already been at least touched upon in books, movies, tv, or other games.

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I personally thought of The Dark Tower series. Saving the universe through parallel worlds and fighting the One King? The Crimson King anybody? Doorways to other dimensions? Hmmm kinda shady Konami....
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never heard of The Dark Tower series. I personally believe that the name "One King" won't stick for the English version of the game (it doesn't sound too threatening, especially for someone who defeated 104 people single-handed).

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Marica looks like a Obel soldier in the second scan. Or at least something like a Obel soldier.

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the same thing when I saw it, but imagined that if they wanted to make her look like an Obel soldier, the colors would be more noticeable. We can hope though, I was always partial to the Obel soldiers' wardrobe.
Darkbeat

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sage wrote:
Nope. After I heard the term "parallel worlds" and then saw the two different Marica's, I had the same idea. The parallel universe idea pervades a lot of other media, so I doubt there's anything Konami can do with the idea that has not already been at least touched upon in books, movies, tv, or other games.

I was thinking the same, but it's still a generally interesting concept and usually means for a more in-depth story and plot.

Chrono Cross was a good example, I heard people say back THEN (99) that the alternate universe thing was old, but it still was an engrossing concept and it panned out well. The relationship between the two worlds wasn't exactly clear-cut either, so who knows.

Anyways, good stuff, the game keeps looking better and better.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm surprised by the level of detail of the character on the first page, but the rest of the artworks still look overly simple and not very interesting.

Hey what does that note on the bottom right of the last page say? something about more info on the game at TGS 08? I'm still holding out hope for a real Genso Suikoden game at TGS this year...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: