Suikoden Unique and Illusional Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tierkreis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IGN (and luckily no Jeremy Dungham in sight) has the first English screens and video up.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/910/910389p1.html

And... no runes that I can see? Instead replaced with "Mark of the Stars" if you look at the video?
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh my sweet goodness.

Just read the article and saw the three videos available. I must say I'm very, very excited for this game. It seems they went all out with this one, having voice acting and anime cut scenes throughout the game.

Seeing the intro, my mind is racing with speculation on some of the characters!
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm....one of the videos has a great view of the map (I mean the entire continent). Is that new or one of the continents before?

Edit: I also found this from bbsting120 from DueFiumi forums:

Quote:
EL SEGUNDO, CA - September 16, 2008 - Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announces Suikoden: Tierkreis, the latest iteration of the celebrated Suikoden series, will mark the franchise's debut exclusively on the Nintendo DS™. Encompassing a variety of different characters while exploring many exotic locations and cultures across the game's universe of parallel worlds, Suikoden: Tierkreis will expand the bounds of the handheld RPG. Featuring the franchise's established gameplay while maximizing the technological capabilities of the DS to provide all-new online elements, this epic RPG consists of many cinematic experiences that will drive the grand storyline of the 108 Stars of Destiny as they battle to thwart the powerful One King.

Using the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection, Suikoden: Tierkreis offers a rich online community experience that allows players to send their characters on quests that other members of the community will complete for them, eventually returning the player to their party with new abilities and treasures.

With its grand adventure and larger than life scale, this story is told through rich animation sequences and a gripping dialogue, allowing gamers to fully immerse themselves and experience the world of Suikoden. For the first time ever, players will begin with the last three members of the Stars of Destiny and are tasked with resurrecting the other 104 in order to restore order in the universe and defeat the almighty One King.

The Suikoden series launched in 1995 in Japan and was released in the U.S. on the PlayStation® game console in December of 1996. Instantly hailed as one of the most innovative RPGs, Suikoden delivered a unique battle system, an intriguing storyline with numerous plot twists and multiple endings to provide a fun experience for all RPG fans. Since its debut, the Suikoden series has received numerous industry accolades for being one of the top RPG games of all time.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looking good! :P
Dr. Chaos

13694 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Encompassing a variety of different characters while exploring many exotic locations and cultures across the game's universe of parallel worlds

Parallel worlds?

IGN seem pretty damn impressed, looking at the videos, I'm starting to be a lil aswell.

Loving the music already too (that was an inevitability), particularly in the animated intro.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good news. looks like i am going to have to get a DS. Maybe i will just sell it after i get the game.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dr. Chaos wrote:
Quote:
Encompassing a variety of different characters while exploring many exotic locations and cultures across the game's universe of parallel worlds

Parallel worlds?

...I'm speechless.
Dr. Chaos

13694 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm?

Last edited by Dr. Chaos on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think he is speechless about the parallel worlds thing.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A lot of information to pick at, so I'm happy.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

skymansxeno wrote:
I think he is speechless about the parallel worlds thing.

Yeah, definitely. We still don't have a clue that this is set in the same universe as the previous ones.

But anyway, the game looks gorgeous and seems very promising. I'm an early DS adopter since the Dawn of Sorrow days and Tierkreis looks like it could be at the very top of the RPG lineup of this fantastic system.
Dr. Chaos

13694 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
We still don't have a clue that this is set in the same universe as the previous ones.

Still though, we still didn't have much of a clue that it didn't either.

By nature, I think most fans would expect a Suikoden title to fall somewhere in the timeline considering every other title has fallen somewhere in line in roughly the same world. It's only natural that fans would initially believe Tierkreis could be the same.

I wouldn't mind if it doesn't, of course. Like most people, I just want a good game/story.
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dr. Chaos wrote:
It's only natural that fans would initially believe Tierkreis could be the same.

Of course it's natural, it's not like I'm blaming anyone for thinking that. I just had this hunch that switching to DS might have prompted Konami to do so. IV and V were loosely tied to the original trilogy, so the times were mature perhaps.

Luckily the game looks really interesting. That's what matters in the end.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

portion of the Konami Official Press Release courtesy of bbsting120 wrote:

With its grand adventure and larger than life scale, this story is told through rich animation sequences and a gripping dialogue, allowing gamers to fully immerse themselves and experience the world of Suikoden. For the first time ever, players will begin with the last three members of the Stars of Destiny and are tasked with resurrecting the other 104 in order to restore order in the universe and defeat the almighty One King.

Did Konami make a error and should have said that there were four survivors, or are there 105 casualties? I'm assuming they meant four survivors, because there are four people left standing in the video (of the destruction of the 108).

Is it just me or do the main character, Marica, and Liu highly resemble people shown standing up the the One King? It seems highly doubtful that they are the same people, but they could be pretty damn convincing stand-ins. (ETA) Apparently, the stand-in theory could be possible. It appears that the old HQ (and some forest) apparently appeared after some sort of flash. Perhaps the hero (as well as Marica and Liu) go and investigate and find the original hero (and the two others) and perhaps they are dead (or dying) and the hero, Marica, and Liu take their places (or something). Yes, it's far fetched, but it could happen.

ETA: Apparently there's some fortress that "just appeared" (according to one of the videos). Could that be the future HQ?

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details

Last edited by MMan9000 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe there is a 109th person, a founding father like Chao Kai, or just an expendable character which will die...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 20 of 24

Jump to: