Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Wireless

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Wireless Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Remember that one bit from the Suikoden Tierkreis trademark? Yeah,

Quote:
IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely providing on-line video games

that one.

Well, now we know that the game is on the Nintendo DS known for it's many Nintendo Wi-Fi games. Or just local wireless ones.

So what do you think, which will the game have? What will the wireless features be? Will it just be messaging and exchanging items with your friends? The minigames? Or even battling and trading your SoDs?

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wi-fi, yes please. I have no idea what it will be though.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trading you SoDs? Like Pokemon? I wonder. :)

I think it'll probably end up being downloadable content, and battling against friend in minigames, and all three types of battle systems.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spell Breaker

The Long Patrol

162411 Potch
122 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it'll be like Castlevania PoR where you can buy and sell items online.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trading SODs? ....that's a er....creepy thought actually :?
I PRAY that they don't go and start treating SODs like a bunch of "collectible things" =\ Leave that for a Suikoden Card Stories sequel....or something of that sort...where it'd be more fitting.

Though a possible (and, in my opinion, more sensible) option might be that you can only get certain SOD(/s) to join you if you go wi-fi a certain number of hours or something of the sort....
(I was kinda thinking about TWEWY's Mingle function when I say this...more specifically how "aliens" seem to traverse onto your game if you leave it on Mingle mode for several hours)

But...yar...more likely I think it'd just be ability to go head-to-head with minigames / comparing mini-game scores or something like the trading items
(actually...it'd be quite fun if you could leave comments in each other's comment boxes maybe? LOL....well...assuming there are comment boxes down the line...)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or maybe co-op single player. You take two guys, your friend takes two guys.

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ikano wrote:
(actually...it'd be quite fun if you could leave comments in each other's comment boxes maybe? LOL....well...assuming there are comment boxes down the line...)

Oo, this would be nice.

Or maybe army battles against another player? That way the character stats wouldn't matter.
Darkbeat

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to guess at the very least there will be downloadable content ala Final Fantasy 3 DS, nothing that alters the story but some extra battles and weapons etc. A few extra downloadable optional dungeons with possible side storylines relating to Suikoden Lore would be delicious.

Add minigames in to that too.

Personally ontop of those, I'd like to see some form of "meta-game" not necessarily pokemon compeditive battling style but something which will garner additional interest and keep people playing Tierkries after completion. Longevity is not something the Suikoden games have been necessarily famed for, so it would be a nice addition.

I'm thinking compeditive war battles. That would simply be wonderful.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Being able to run minigames on Wi-Fi would be a great option. Suikoden usually comes up with some pretty entertaining minigames.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Parallax wrote:
Being able to run minigames on Wi-Fi would be a great option. Suikoden usually comes up with some pretty entertaining minigames.

Entertaining, but rather consistently single-player. Not that it's a step I wouldn't like to see them take.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about the cooking game? :) Everyone's favourite!

And yes, the games are single-player (of course, it's a single-player game!) but turning them into competitive games would be very easy for the most part. Plus, there's lots of new minigames they could make that would be quite competitive as well.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Parallax wrote:
How about the cooking game? :) Everyone's favourite!

And yes, the games are single-player (of course, it's a single-player game!) but turning them into competitive games would be very easy for the most part. Plus, there's lots of new minigames they could make that would be quite competitive as well.

Like the Cooking Mama games?! That would be rad! :mrgreen:

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Jail

807 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that there will be the three different battle types over wi-fi.

There will probably be online weapon auctions.

That's just my wish though.
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, this is what the fresh press release says:

Quote:
Using the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection, Suikoden: Tierkreis offers a rich online community experience that allows players to send their characters on quests that other members of the community will complete for them, eventually returning the player to their party with new abilities and treasures.

Hard to say how exactly it'll work from that, but the idea seems pretty nice.
Not long untill we'll get to send ourselves online on quests we'll complete ourselves, I bet.

Edit: It appears that the characters will travel through the Million Worlds portal to other DS's (worlds). This just keeps getting better.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: