Suikoden United and Irenic Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NBC to stream NFL games on internet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: NBC to stream NFL games on internet Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ProFootballTalk.com is reporting that NBC will stream live football games on the internet, and for free no less. Source.

According to the article NBC has 17 games this year and they will stream all 17 of them. Color me surprised at this little bit of news because the NFL has been notoriously iron fisted when it comes to their games being broadcasted. Apparently, other networks don't have permission from the NFL to stream live games--just NBC.

I think this definitely a step in the right direction, and I think all NFL games should be allowed to stream live on the internet. This is good for me personally because I will be overseas and may not be able to watch the games--but if they are on the internet I am free to watch them. Also, people who don't have NFL Sunday Ticket but want to watch games that aren't being broadcast in their area can do so online as well.

Hopefully the NFL will give other networks permission to do this--it'd be wierd for them to allow only NBC to, but the NFL has done wierder things in the past.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is also a step in the right direction for me. I'd love for the other networks to be given permission to air non-regional games online.

Man, I got tired of settling for Cowboys/Texans games last year. Opening the games to broadcasts online would make it so much easier for me to catch some Jets games.

Course, this would also help people in the world like yourself. I really don't know the options for the international folk, but I'm sure broadcasts online would solve some problems...At least I got to watch some games. Some football is always better than no football.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I think this definitely a step in the right direction, and I think all NFL games should be allowed to stream live on the internet. This is good for me personally because I will be overseas and may not be able to watch the games--but if they are on the internet I am free to watch them. Also, people who don't have NFL Sunday Ticket but want to watch games that aren't being broadcast in their area can do so online as well.

Not necessarily true, because foreign companies buy broadcasting rights for their own nations (and various other reasons I'm unaware of I'm sure) most broadcasts are restricted and can only be viewed in USA/Canada. I get this a lot with the hockey that gets streamed where I'm told I'm in the wrong nation to look at them, there are of course proxies if you want to use them but I find them a hassle to mess around with personally.

Maybe NBC won't do that for this, I don't know, but they have done with their ice hockey streams which they did over the course of last season I'm quite sure.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just found this little ditty on Yahoo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nflgamepass

Apparently if you live in Europe, Asia or basically not North America, you can watch nay and all NFL games for free, your choice which one. So, all you European NFL fans (the 6 of you) celebrate.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it isn't free, but yeah, its quite impressive. I live in the Netherlands now and I actually bought Gamepass HD last week (its $25 a week as opposed to $20), and it worked pretty well. There's a couple minute delay during the live streams, but that's a small price to pay. The service also allows you to view archived games for those of us who don't want to be up till 3 or 4 in the morning watching the games. >_>

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's pretty nice.

NFL Sunday Ticket would have been a great option for me, except that Direct TV apparently bought the rights to it, so I can't get the package with digital cable. Which is ridiculous.

There's literally no way for me to ensure I get the Bears game every week in my own home!

Unless it's on NBC, now. :)

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: