Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Microsoft Silverlight

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Microsoft Silverlight Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since the Google Chrome topic has come up, I was curious is anyone uses Silverlight? From my understanding it's similar to Adobe Flashplayer, though I myself haven't used it as I've read mixed reviews.

Has anyone tried it, or is currently using it and has anything to say?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is the first I'm hearing of it. What is it?

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a flash type program. I had to download it to watch the Olympics online coverage. It worked more or less the same way as flash, to be honest. I see no reason to get it unless a site you are using requires it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like Gil-galad. I had to download it to watch the olympics online. The times I've used it, I didn't see any difference from adobe.
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One major problem with silverlight is that it doesn't support linux and older macs, so those users had to either watch the olympics on TV or buy a windows based pc.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used it for the olympics as well and also a few Facebook Aps use it.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filan Miori wrote:
One major problem with silverlight is that it doesn't support linux and older macs, so those users had to either watch the olympics on TV or buy a windows based pc.

You expected Microsoft to release "core" software with Apple support? That'll be the day eh. :P

Agreed with Gil though, haven't used it because there's no reason to unless it's the only thing supported like wit the Olympics coverage.

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have it...but only because it gets downloaded with the rest of my updates. I don't really know when it activates and whatnot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: