Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Luca Blight= Hitler?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darko wrote:
Regardless, it doesn't explain why they would accept aid from Lucia, whose culture/nationality is vastly different from that of Highland.

Well, if we're talking about Hitler, he worked with people he didn't like in order to get an upper hand during war.
Nines

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's hard to say if he actually liked the people in question. There's not much in the way of personal commentary for Hitler. Though he did work with nations whose ethnicities didn't exactly match up with being a white supremacist empire.

Still, I think that the comparison to the Roman Emperors is much more apt, because they actually lead Legions personally, much like Luca lead the White Wolf Guard. While Hitler excelled at whipping people up and reviving the German industrial backbone, he was not known to be much of a military commander, while Luca didn't do much else. He became King, immediately went out in to the field with his army, and died near South Window. Unless he was somehow managing economic policy and such through carrier pigeons, I don't think he was much for leading the state outside the battlefield.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who the hell is Hilter?
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Who the hell is Hilter?

Hitler's dyslexic cousin.

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Who the hell is Hilter?

You know who I meant..anyway thanks for pointing it out that I diod'nt realize I mistyped it.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca Blight != Hitler

Watching as your mother is ravage in front of your eyes after your father ran off != Mom marrying uncle
chaco

Chacos Regiment

45276 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its interesting how many times I've seen this brought up on a Suikoden forum. Hitler = Luca Blight.

However I have to say I disagree. Hitler was far more evil and smart. Luca was simply angry because of what happened to his Mother, Hitler was a racist killer, who for no real reason hated a bunch of people. Who knows if Luca even truly hated the State, I think it was more hatred toward his Mother then anything. Now, let me say I dispise Hitler, However the man was very clever and he didn't need help from anyone to do what he did, he was very crismatic and a good leader, sadly some people did look up to him. Luca on the other hand was a sadistic blood thirsty beast, he took advice from Leon Silverberg and Jowy for a lot of the war, and the start all he did was slaughter people for no reason. A lot of Highland was more dedicated to the King then Luca (Seed and them both went with Jowy to defeat Luca, Kiba and Klaus betrayed Luca as well as Jowy and Leon themselves).
Luca may have caused a genocide of 100 people in Muse plus a few hundred in those villages he destroyed and what not, Hitler achieved thousands of deaths, hundreds a day, using clever but insane tactics. Luca definitly didn't even reach his standers of evil. Luca was more a misunderstood guy, he felt great hatred toward his Father who was hopeless to help his mother, and the state who in his misguided eyes were pigs and maggots for raping his mother in front of him. What Hitler did had no excuse, no reason, it was plain and simple racist discrimination and mass slaughter of innocent people for no reason at all. (Unless you count him not getting into that art school). Plus, most of Hitlers followers didn't betray him, (some did but for the most part they all had loyalty to him).

Rant done, if you disagree with me oh well this is my opinion based on what I've learned about Hitler adn WWII in school and playing Suikoden 2.

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No no Chaco, You raise excellent points, I can concur with much of what you said.
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Luca Blight= Hitler? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Lucca was based in a real life person, it was Vlad Dracula (not the fictional vampire, [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_III_the_Impaler:1xep fu5z]the real person[/url:1xepfu5z]).

Both had a twisted childhood, loved to torture and slaughter their enemies, Lucca hated Jowston and Vlad hated the turks, they began an invansion, were sucesseful, but then were defeated. Well I suposse Vlad did a litlle better than Lucca, as he was able to return later.
LTM

14940 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Luca Blight= Hitler? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Rezard":2lqkq35h]If Lucca was based in a real life person, it was Vlad Dracula (not the fictional vampire, [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_III_the_Impaler:2lqk q35h]the real person[/url:2lqkq35h]).

Both had a twisted childhood, loved to torture and slaughter their enemies, Lucca hated Jowston and Vlad hated the turks, they began an invansion, were sucesseful, but then were defeated. Well I suposse Vlad did a litlle better than Lucca, as he was able to return later.

You sure brought up an old thread. lol but I guess I'll put in some of my two cents.

Luca was not like Hitler. Hitler was more cunning and had more justifiable reasons to do the things he did (Most people won't tell you this). The Jews pretty much ran the country and had all the money and power at the time because Jewish families tended to have close ties to each other in Europe. After WWI, Europe wanted to blame Germany for everything and punish them, despite it being everybody's fault for the war (America however was the one country who said not to do this but help Germany rebuild). Because of this, most German people disliked the Jews and hated them, in a similar respect to how Low and Middle-Class people in America greatly dislike Higher-class citizens. This is also why Hitler had such a strong support for conquering Europe, and I assume Germany was pretty ticked off about being "punished" for something that wasn't completely their fault. Hitler took advantage of this, and slowly twisted things around from taking back the country for the Germans, to creating a war machine to take whatever they wanted. Because of this, the people loved and supported him because he pretty much freed them and avenged them. However, he did manage to brainwash them into believing things like lesser races being slaves and wiping out the Jews was okay. But religious propaganda works very well on the minds of a mostly Christian nation (See George W. Bush). Now don't get me wrong, I don't think anything Hitler did was okay or right (I'm against war personally) but one cannot overlook the facts and reasons behind it all.

Luca Blight didn't really do any of this, and as pointed out by a few people he was more of a military man rather than a political leader or propagandist like Hitler. I would say...Luca is more akin to Stalin. Why you may ask? Well. Stalin was incredibly paranoid. Very strange as well, as he tended to stay up all night and sleep all day. He was very similar to Ivan the Terrible in the sense that he would send soldiers out to kill his enemies every night and they would be killed if they didn't kill an enemy. One would think "He's crazy!" Yes, but not in the sense you're thinking. To Stalin? The entire world was his enemy. He hated the world, he hated people in every country and just flat out hated everything. Stalin was much worse than Hitler, but he never was able to do the things he probably would have done if he was able. "Some men just want to watch the world burn." Michael Caine really said it best.

Luca was a man like this, and this is why people like Lepant believed Luca would eventually come towards the Toran Republic. Luca enjoyed death, killing, and massacre. He never once stated his reasons for attacking Jowston was because of his mother. No, thats an assumption. Its very likely thats why they were the first target, but what kind of militaristic king would stop with conquering one nation? Luca also did kill men by the thousands (You'll have to check exact population numbers for specific towns like Ryube and Toto as well as take into account how many soldiers his army slaughtered as well as the soldiers he sent to die for him). Thats probably the one thing he and Hitler have in common. Personally? I'd say Leon is more akin to Hitler, as they both would use any means necessary in order to achieve their goals. Unfortunately for Hitler, Leon is a tactical genius and Adolf wasn't much more than a charismatic propagandist. I guess in a sense, Leon excels in areas Hitler doesn't and vice-versa.

About Vlad though: Vlad really wasn't anything like Luca. The Turks were very hell bent on conquering, and they were invading Romania. He basically just...scared them shitless by creating a forest of corpses and dipping his bread in their blood. Cruelty towards his own people was also something he renowned for, which Luca was not (From Luca's perspective, it'd be like this "Why break your weapons when you can use them to slaughter your enemies?") However, Vlad did this to his own people for good reason which was to abolish crime. And well...he did. He did get results and there was no crime in Romania at the time. Granted, this was INSANE and WRONG but can't deny the results...lol. Ironically...Vlad especially hated the German Merchants who *gasp* had all the money and power in Romania...interesting, isn't it? Vlad did to the Germans for the exact same reason Hitler did to the Jews. Its almost uncanny. But I ramble, excuse me...

Bottom line: I can't say Hitler = Luca due to everything I just rambled on about. But I do see slight similarities, but only on the same level as them being psychopaths. My personal favourite thing about Luca was in a world filled with huge amounts of magical power in the form of the True Runes, and villains who use them? Luca did not use one. Now one might claim he used the Beast Rune but this is not the case, as the Beast Rune was never attached to anyone. Luca fought against, if you count Luc, the power of two True Rune and it took hundreds to take him down. Thats pretty crazy, and just goes to show you that even a True Rune's power can be over-come with human will. Its even crazier if you have an understanding on just how powerful Viktor is (Oh I guess the Zodiac Sword kinda counts as three TR?) being that he is strong enough to do crazy and impossible things himself, and yet next to Luca he's not much more than an ant. This is probably why people put Luca on such a high pedestal, because what villain in any form of fiction or even non-fiction is really anything like this? Its hard to find one, and one done correctly I might add.

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

About, Lucia being from another land, she mentioned in-game that Karaya was under Highland rule at the time, and that Luca was their King. So, Luca wasn't truly getting help from the outside, but more like enlisting the help of a vassal state.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: