Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

right age to end brestfeeding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: right age to end brestfeeding Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

here I am again, with a train wreck post, from 'crap i saw/heard from somewhere'

so on good old youtube, I saw a video from a news clip about a woman who continues to nurse her 7 (or 8) year old daughter. She'll cuddle up to mom, and continue to bond while suckling at the teet.
Her younger sister stoped doing this for some reason but still yearns for 'the good old days'

they even named their mom's boobs. They draw pictures of boobs. a lot seems to revolve around their mom's boobs and still breastfeeding.

the kid wants to continue it, its good bonding, she'll be smarter for it.. the best is the outcry replies and video responses. some say its child abuse, and some go to say all breastfeeding is a form of child molestation. or something dumb like that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxv6R9fUO74&feature=related

what do you think?

i mean I hope this is fake. though I did read something in a magazeen once about some woman who belived a child should stop feeding when they feellike it, she had a 6 yr old, 3 yr old and like 4 month old all who breast feed, she had to break it to her 6 yr old that he couldn't uh..go at it to much. Or some dumb clap trap about how people gave her dirty looks when she fed her 6 year old in public.

I hope both of those stories are jokes

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe the right age to stop breastfeeding is between ages 1 to 3. MY little sister stoped being breastfeed when she was 3 because my mom found it diffuclt to produce milk anymore. 8 years after birth would mean that the mother is having a hard time producing milk, unless she is taking some kind of medicine.

I think the story is just a joke thoguh.
Prophecy

Local Ruffians!!!!

60970 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That sounds wrong on so many levels......my wife never breastfed our daughter. With our son on the way I dont think she will either.
I've never heard of this story but from what you've said it sounds just outright disgusting. 8 years old!?!?!?!? come on....theres a line you dont cross and that ended around 3.

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Powdered milk commercials in here always say "Breastmilk is still best for babies up to two years" so I guess that's that.

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For my family and relatives, they usually are still breastfeeding until the baby's aged 10-16 months, which, when I told my French friends (Parisien, of course) about it, made them amazed. I was told by them that they usually breast fed their children only for about 2-4 months, main reason is that the breasts would start to sag if you breastfeed too much.

Personally, I'd want my wife (if I ever had one, that is) to do it until the child is about 1 year old, but if she's that concerned with her body (particularly, breasts) and wanted to shorten it, I wouldn't really mind.

8 years, well, it just does not sound right. It made the idiom 'still smell of your mother's milk' come true, literally.

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Children" should be breastfed up until either the child, or the parent, becomes uncomfortable with the situation, whether this be at 4 months or 40 years. It is a perfectly normal, and natural occurance that is the private business of the parents and children, and whether it offends your sensibilites or not doesn't really matter, as there will always be a lot of things happen which offend your sensibilities.

Saying that, it is a disgusting perversion, which, at older ages, causes children to become dependant upon mothers to a level at which borders on the incestrous. The mother in most cases, is obviously encouraging her children for her own carnal pleasures, and should be flogged, and fed to the sailors.
Cade Undermoon

6328 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow that's a weird topic there. Hm I'd say once a child is capable of holding a at least semi intelligent conversation its time to cut them off at the teet as the saying so ironically goes. I personally have no real objections to breast feeding a child after all its completely natural, some people have issues with it because in our current age the breast is a sexual symbol, so most of the complaining and whining over breast feeding children is probably coming from people with a fetish who don't want the mental image "corrupted". But yes I do think 8 is WAY to far along the development stage to be acceptable.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say that once the child starts teething it's time to get them ready for solid food.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

6 months.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How could it be left up to a child to decide? Sure maybe by the time they become teenagers they'll realize that it's not a common or healthy thing to be doing, but who is to say that by then breastfeeding won't have become a necessary part of their lives (which it likely will)?

I don't know if the story is true or not but I think right around 2 is a good time to stop breastfeeding. Anytime after 4 or 5 would leave the child with serious psychological effects.

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: