Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Time Hollow (DS)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Time Hollow (DS) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I was digging through Nintendo Power that I got in the mail today and found this little gem mentioned in a tiny article~

Nintendo Power wrote:
Almost everybody has regrets about the past. But only Ethan Kairos, the star of Konami's story-driven DS graphic adventure Time Hollow, has the power to do something about it.
Although Ethan seems like a typical high-school student living a normal life, on the morning of his 17th birthday he wakes up to discover that everything has changed. His parents are gone- apparently deceased for 12 years- and his life is completely different from the one he knew.

As he tries to comprehend what's happened, he acquires the mystical Hollow Pen(it looks alot like a DS stylus), which gives him the ability to "dig holes" into the past. By using the pen, Ethan is able to manipulate past events and change his present, thus slowly unraveling the mystery around his altered reality and bringing him closer to reuniting with his family.

The little blurb goes on to mention that Time Hollow is co-written by Junko Kawano (whom also worked on Shadow of Destiny for the PS2) and has several CG cut scenes fully animated by studio AIC (whom did anime series like Gun X Sword and Ah! My Goddess!).
Also it mentions that Konami is expected to announce that it'll be released in the US in August.

I don't know about anyone else....but I'm one of the few people ((apparently)) who REALLY REALLY liked Shadow of Destiny and so this game has gotten me psyched up and excited~!

oh yeah...this is the Japanese site if ya'll want to check out more on it 8D
http://www.konami.jp/time_hollow/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oooo, Written by the writer of Shadow of Destiny? Then it will at least be interesting.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Keep in mind that Junko Kawano also wrote Suikoden IV...

That said, I can not really say that the premise for Time Hollow is actually original. However, it is still intriguing and I am very delighted to hear that it will get an NA release.

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The US release was practically confirmed for August.

Game sounds very promising indeed. Hoping for music by Norikazu Miura to get even more of that Shadow of Destiny feel.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just thought I'd mention the unfortunate news of Time Hollow's release date apparently being pushed back to September 23rd

sigh....... =(

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

EU release date is just November for now, if anyone cares. Just perfect actually since Trials and Tribulations will be released October third.

I loved Shadow of Memories and how it has Charles Martinet doing something else than Mario all the time. Hopefully "time" is still someting that Junko Kawano can do, since Suikoden doesn't seem to go so well. But this game guarantees that if she is ever allowed back to the Suikoden series she'll definetly do a True Rune that effects time. Sooner or later.

Also, Junko Kawano is a cat.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As much as I love a good time travel story, I've heard that the game only lasts about 8-10 hours so I'm not sure if I'll get the game.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shadow of Destiny was considered short among it's peers at the time....but it has pretty good replayability....(that is....if you don't hate the game...I guess...)

=o I'm guessing Time Hollow might have that as well...

Oh.....I wanted to share something funny in an interview Nintendo Power had with Junko....(well I thought it was funny...)

Nintendo Power: You seem to prefer making games that focus on characters and stories rather than action. Is that something you consciously strive for, and if so, why?
Junko: The first game I worked on after I joined Konami was Suikoden. Maybe that's why I've gotten better at making that type of game that focuses on character and story development.

.....I'm half-amused that he mentioned Suikoden in his reply....and the fact that probably 75% of the readers of the interview probably didn't get his answer...maybe =p

RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Suikoden IV is his idea of a game based on character and story development, I'm not getting this Time Hollow game. Suikoden IV was the worst of the series in terms of Character Development. We know so little about so many of those SoDs. Hell, we know little about the more focal SoDs like Lino, Flare and Kika. It required a second game, Tactics, to properly flesh out a handful of them like Sigurd, Hervey and such. Tactics did a MUCH better job at developing its core cast than IV did. We all know more about Seneca and Andarc than we do about Paula and Tal.

Junko needs to learn much on character and story development. Her final boss in IV was a tree. That's my idea of poor development. Of course I think it was Final Fantasy 5's final boss that took the form of a tree too, so I dunno.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uh....Suikoden 4 wasn't the only Suikoden Junko worked on........Junko also worked on Suikoden 1 (though not as the producer)
...which is probably what he was referring to in the article.....when he said "first joined Konami"

In any case though....Suikoden[4] had a kind of recipe he probably had to follow. (Since it's the 4th one of a series and all) Time Hollow doesn't have a previous game that he has to follow to a 'T'

Junko's probably just not cut out for Suikoden projects perhaps..

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: